22 days ago - req13156
PL Wafer Clamp Process Development
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
ASML is seeking an experienced multi-disciplinary engineer with expertise in metrology, material science, manufacturingprocesses of glass and ceramics to produce ultra-high precision systems . This person will join the Advanced development center in Wilton, Connecticut - A Research and development team focused on process development, proto-typing and industrialization of next generation wafer clamping systems. These processtypically use methods likecoating, etching, laser machining,Ion beam figuring ; use diagnostics tools like interferometers , Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM); andimage processing software tools. Specifically, this person will lead the development of tools, software and process needed to createa manufacturable process – including new and rework,that meets the performance over life time of wafer /reticle clamping systems.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
Provide leadership & direction to a team(10-15FTE) of engineers, physicists and material scientists to the development of tools,develop design proto-types, software and process needed to create a manufacturable process – including new and rework, that meets the performance over life time of next generation wafer clamping systems.Responsibilities include:
- Plan and prioritize team activities:create detailed plans, define deliverables for the engineers;
- Manage the team structure:Set up a team structure that matches the work content of the work-breakdown structure; Understand an utilize the proper escalation paths and acts accordingly;Understand project interdependencies and manage them effectively;
- Delegate tasks and follow up:Run efficient project meetings;delegate necessary tasks to the team;capture and publish meeting minutes and action items consistently;keep daily control;
- Manage system interdependencies:learn and understand how your technical deliverables interact and link to other subsystems – manage the interdependencies;
- Sufficient technical expertise to help drive technical solutions and solve difficult problems when the arise;
- Risk management:assess (routinely) risks – performance, reliability and cost risks;understand operation risks – plan mitigation actions;
- Routinely prepare and deliver status reports to senior management;
- The candidate must have the capacity to lead cross functionalengineers and technicians in executing activities related to complex development of optical/ ceramicmanufacturingand metrology equipment; The candidate must exhibit complete ownership of the deliverables;
- The candidate must have expertise at anticipating and solving complex problems in manufacturing ofwafer /reticle clamping systems;the candidate must have the ability to lead the development team in the use analytical processes (8Ds, fault trees, Ishikawa diagrams, etc…) to develop test plans to determine problem root cause;
- The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicating progress and status of ongoing activitiesto managers and to customers;
- Nominal travel ( ~ 15%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
Minimum:MS in Physics, chemistry & material scientist or other engineering discipline or equivalent experience.Dual degree in a second engineering discipline desired.
At least five years of experience required.Experience in working with engineers across disciplines to solve Process and manufacturing issues. Strong emphasis on creative problem solving and effective communication.
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability;
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints.Responsible, professional communication to senior management at ASML, customer service organization, and with our customer.High energy, high ownership, high level of dedication;
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions;
- Be competent in and/or have affinity with development of optical/ ceramicmanufacturingmethods, metrology equipment, electrical and SW data processing;
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule;
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab);
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1