30+ days ago - req13115
Senior Computer Simulation Architect
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
We are looking for a Senior Computer Simulation Architect passionate about engineering, who can make the difference in driving our Simulation Services to accelerate the development of our products.
Are you looking for a role in which you can drive change and make an impact in one of the world’s most complex technical environments?
Are you highly experienced at stakeholder management and can you find the best solution to serve various clients in a multidisciplinary environment?
We have a job for you!
In order to enable and accelerate ASML product development, Computer Simulation and Model Based Design are becoming critical parts of the business process.
You will be responsible for the vision and roadmap of the global Simulation Service, providing engineers and analysts with state-of-the-art simulation capabilities.
You must be able to provide technical leadership to cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation solutions into the ASML engineering IT environment.
You will work in close cooperation with other Domain Architects, Subject Matter Experts and Project Leads.
You will have the opportunity to support multidisciplinary teams in defining improvement proposal and supporting IT architecture:
- Focus on multi-disciplinary Engineering processes.
- Translate Business Process problems into Engineering IT solutions.
- Drive and define IT internal standards and solutions supporting above.
You will be part of the Engineering IT Services (EIS) Hardware team consisting of about 30 people. Starting in this position means that you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Define the vision and roadmap for the global ASML Simulation Service.
- Align with internal and external HPC and cloud providers.
- Identify relevant technologies through market research and involve/drive our Innovation Lab to create added value for ASML.
- Take ownership of requests from engineering, and help to solve these requests. The engineering IT environment is used by more than 8000 Research and Development engineers, world-wide.
- Participate as Architect in Development & Engineering related projects, setup Engineering IT requirements, designs and implementations.
- Define solutions and improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Advice and consultation of infrastructure improvements but not limited to those.
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent experience.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience as IT Architect in a high-tech enterprise environment.
- Experience with High Performance Computing and Engineering Simulation.
- Broad knowledge of market solutions related to Model Based Design and Simulation, including Cloud.
- Experience with Business Process Analysis, and translating this to IT solutions (Requirements).
- Ability to document, validate, challenge business requirements and translate them into functional IT specifications;
- Ability to document processes (“As Is” & “To Be”) and to assist development of a business case (incl. a breakdown of the IT cost).
- Experience with Architectural frameworks like TOGAF and describing architecture with Archimate.
- Knowledge of Engineering Processes is a plus.
- Technical background of semiconductor industry processes, process integration, process control, semiconductor devices and manufacturing is preferable.
- Very good people skills: you are a very good negotiator and mediator; you are able to explain complex technical aspects in a simple, understandable manner
- You need to be skilled at seeing things from a helicopter whilst keeping an eye on quality and short-term deliverables.
- You are enthusiastic, flexible and assertive
- You are a highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- You have a proactive and positive attitude – you have a solution oriented approach
- You are passionate about technical environments and you like to work in a highly complex and multidisciplinary domain.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is EIS (Engineering IT Services); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
We expect that your application is accompanied by a Motivation Letter indicating why you are interested in this position and why this position is a match with your skills and experience. Applications without a Motivation Letter will automatically get rejected.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.