30+ days ago - req13142
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer for electron beam system, you will perform a variety of engineering tasks including designing, developing, testing, analyzing, troubleshooting and implementing sub-assemblies and modules as you create and evaluate designs to meet requirements of specified applications.Your design activities will include structural analysis, ultra-high vacuum, high voltage, thermal analysis, and tolerances. By tapping into your engineering acumen, you research and select future key suppliers for consideration as turn-key providers of sub-systems as well as develop resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters.You will work on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create electron beam mechanical module’s element performance specification and element design specification.
- Develop mechanical designs for electron beam systems and subsystems working in ultra-high vacuum and high voltage environment from concept to completion,and final release to manufacturing.
- Create detailed 3D model and 2D drawings of electron beam system using NX , to be used for the part manufacturing.
- Lead design reviews, error budget development, risk assessment and mitigation, design and execution of experiments, verification processes, validation processes.
- Analyze/select materials and verify design accuracy.
- Transfer design to manufacturing by providing necessary technical processing documents.
- Work with vendors and consultants to develop, analyze and fabricate components and sub- assemblies.
- Perform first order hand calculations and computer simulations to verify functionality of parts and mechanism. Work cross-functionally and drive implementation of design best practices into product design.
- Provide effective presentation and written evaluations to communicate concepts, designs, test results, etc.
Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have good understanding of physics and mechanics.
- Strong Hands-on skill;
- Must be proficient with 3D modeling & 2D detailed drawings using Solidworks and NX.
- Experience in designing parts and assemblies for ultra-high vacuum.
- Experience in designing parts and assemblies for high voltage environment.
- Knowledge with materials and material selection, manufacturing and cleaning processes used for making components for electron beam inspection systems.
- Ability to perform structural and thermal FEA using NX.
- Team work spirit with team members
- Good capability to evaluate and work outside contractors, consultants, and machine shops.
- Familiar with mechanical manufacturing processes including machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding, etc.
- Experience in designing, fabrication, and testing of mechanical, electro-mechanical modules, and related system interfaces for capital equipment tools.
- 2+ years of applicable relevant experience on a semiconductor equipment mechanical product is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in product lifecycle management tools, Siemens TCE desired.