19 days ago - req13242
Community Engagement & Technology Promotion Manager
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Do you want to be part of progress and join ASML's Community Engagement team?
The Community Engagement & Technology Promotion Manager works on the technology promotion program. You work on the goals by an extensive program of activities, which consist of guest lessons, visits to ASML and events throughout the Netherlands. Target groups are primary and secondary school students and their teachers. All these activities are hosted by ASML employees: our tutors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Significantly growing the number of tutors at ASML to expand the impact of our technology promotion program
- Ensuring training for ambassadors to act as tutors
- Optimizing the matching process between ASML tutors and schools
- Maintaining and growing the network of schools
- Responsibility for continuous development and improvement of tutoring materials as well as course material, together with the teachers.
- Maintaining a strong link between ASML’s technology promotion program and ASML’s part-time teaching program (also known as “hybrid teaching program”)
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
You have multiple years of experience. Working experience in technology or teaching is a plus.
Proven professional and behavioral skills needed to succeed in this role:
- Strategy and business understanding: Exhibit understanding of corporate structure and strategic goals. Can explain corporate and Community Engagement strategy to a variety of stakeholders.
- Creativity: understand and identify essence and boundaries of the creative process: select ideas and improve and make ready for execution in line with the ASML brand (purpose, vision, mission).
- Critical thinking and analytical skills: deal with complexity, information processing. Regularly go through ‘What if’ scenarios.
- Focus on delivering value/tangible business outcomes: draft a plan and come up with ideas to make it work. Recognize business objectives behind plans. Identifies desired results. Understand value added work. Act accordingly, seeking advice from manager when unsure.
- Stakeholder management: be sensitive to the needs of a variety of different stakeholders and ability to independently set priorities.
- Initiative, entrepreneurship, vision: recognize business needs and come up with ideas. Align with stakeholders
- Inspiring others: Share ideas and suggestions with others. Can articulate contribution of own work to company and outside network
- Technology understanding: Affinity with technology and STEM education;eagerness to develop a basic understanding of ASML technology and future development; proven ability to differentiate messages between different audiences.
Context of the position
Who is ASML?
Since our inception in 1984 we have created one of the world’s biggest semiconductor equipment companies and one of Europe’s top three technology stocks. Our headquarters are in the Netherlands which is also our center for R&D and manufacturing. Around half of our employees are located at headquarters in the Dutch technology hub Brainport Eindhoven. We also have sizeable offices and centers in the U.S., Taiwan, South Korea, China, Japan, Singapore, Israel and Ireland.
All of the world's top chip companies are our customers, so chances are that every single day, you use semiconductor technology that was partly made on our machines. Without the chips we have helped to create, there would be no smartphones, internet or modern aviation to connect us, wherever and whoever we are. There would be no satellites to better understand our planet, and none of the medical technology that helps to diagnose and treat disease.
Why are we here?
ASML’s purpose is to unlock the potential of people and society by pushing technology to new limits. ASML’s vision is to enable groundbreaking technology to solve some of humanity’s toughest challenges. We believe technology should be a force for good. It connects us and changes how we live, work & play. We realize this vision through a mission in which ASML works with a large variety of partners to create products and services that let our customers define the patterns that integrated circuits are made of. We continuously raise the capabilities of our products, enabling our customers to increase the value and reduce the cost of chips. By helping to make chips cheaper and more powerful, we help to make semiconductor technology more attractive for a larger range of products and services.
What defines us?
Innovation. We have a relentless drive to innovate. Our love for technology combined with a deep customer understanding and a ‘can-do’ mentality. Our mindset of constant
improvement and problem solving is the reason for some of our proudest
moments. We offer the opportunity work in the forefront of technology and contribute to the next world changing invention. Think differently and make the impossible possible.
Collaboration. We reach our objectives by working together. Our collaborative approach means we grow and learn together by integrating multiple perspectives. You will be part of a global collaboration that promotes the inclusion of highly diverse teams, leading to new opportunities across our ambitious community of thought leaders. We trust our people and we believe that giving our employees respect and responsibility lets them thrive and contribute to an effective team. Take the initiative, make your voice heard and take the opportunity to work alongside technology experts. Bring your individual strength and create successful synergies with others.
Founder’s mentality. We maintain the mentality that was impressed on us by the founders of the company. As a maturing start-up organization, we maintain our passion for results and strong sense of ownership and accountability. ASML employees are encouraged and expected to bring their ideas and act on them. We are proud to allow our people to have this flexibility in their space to experiment and solve complex challenges that bring results. We connect creativity with deep knowledge, committed to make it happen.
Community Engagement at ASML:
ASML is growing fast and our products and operations have an increasing impact on society. Our communities have supported ASML to establish itself as a market leader. Successful sustainable development of society as well as ASML is best served with a strong alignment of interests. This means ASML works intensively with communities, institutions, interest groups and governments at all levels. In our scope are topics that require long-term vision and support, like education, transportation, culture and environment.
The Community Engagement team focuses specifically on facilities and services that are important for the communities where we operate as well as the global top talent that ASML wishes to attract and retain. Education, and in particular technical sciences, is animportant area of attention in key markets where we operate. We promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects and point pupils and students to career opportunities in science and engineering that enable the innovation that shapes our future.
ASML’s technology promotion program has two primary targets:
- Provide all children an opportunity to develop beta and ict skills, which they need in their personal and working life, with a target of 40 percent of children in secondary schools opting for vocational or academic education in a STEM area. We do this by enabling ASML employees to act as part-time teachers to address teacher shortages at technical schools, as well as through technology promotion programs through tutors.
- Make society ‘tech savvy’ – especially those who are vulnerable or at risk of falling behind -, since technology permeates every profession and daily life.
This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Interested? Apply today with your CV and cover letter!