30+ days ago - req13288
FLEX Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Are you a technical lead for the electro-mechanical engineering team and your external stakeholders? And do you have a background in 2D and 3D CAD design and making technical product documentation? Then the position of FLEX Electro-Mechanical Engineer will be very interesting for you!
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a FLEX Electro-Mechanical Engineer, you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various electronics concepts and products in the field of cabinets, electrical routing, flow, temperature and mechanical vibrations control into existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the architect and project team lead.
As a FLEX Electro-Mechanical Engineer on the Electrical Engineering team (EDEV), you will be responsible for the following:
- Act as the Electronic Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- 2D and 3D CAD design of various environmental electronics products such as cables, racks, cabinets, boxes with electronics, connection boxes, connection plates, back panels, rear panels and controller PCB’s.
- Act as an interface to external suppliers and co-developers.
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues
- Maintain high quality level by organizing reviews of own work, and participating in reviews from other designers.
- Contribute to work breakdown and planning for the various environmental electronics products adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as engineer of electronic functions, including experience with working in multidisciplinary module design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD design of complex products, preferably experience with NX.
- Broad technical knowledge of cabling concepts, connectivity concepts, EMC, safety.
- Strong English communication skills both written and oral.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including, but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
You are a high motivated team player with good communication skills who is proactive and shows initiative.
- Approach your tasks/work in a structured approach with a keen eye for details, quality and accuracy.
- Have a systematic approach, analytical, problemsolving.
- Possess an affinity/ attention to the detail of designs madeby other.
- Ability to persuade and make decisions
- Pragmatic attitude
- Quality focus
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Please note:FLEX means that you are a temporary, contractor for ASML.This role is slated as a 12-18 month assignment, but subject to change based on performance.When able we convert FLEX personnel to Full time employee (FTE) roles; however there is no guarantee as it depends on performance, headcount and budgets.If offered this position, you will be payrolled through one of our vendor agencies.This role is full time in hours (40 hours per week) and on-site at Cymer/ASML San Diego facilities.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityRequisition will NOT be posted