18 days ago - req13316
IT Project Management Officer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you challenged by supporting project, program and portfolio management, by optimizing project and portfolio management methodologies, processes and tooling? Do you have experience in facilitating management decision making, by providing timely and accurate project/portfolio analysis, reporting and dashboards? Can you analyze key figures and deliver statistics and analysis? Do you like to share your knowledge by onboarding / training / coaching project leads? Are you the all-round project management officer that can advise, challenge and facilitate project managers on content, process and project quality in the various phases of their projects? Do you bring working experience in an Agile work environment?
If so, then apply for the Project Management Officer role within our IT department!
As a Project Management Officer, you support a dedicated part of the IT project & program portfolio. You work closely together with PMO team members, department leads, portfolio and project managers on topics like project progress reporting, planning and quality assurance. You challenge project managers on the effective and consistent use of the ASML IT project management process and methodology, and deliverables on timeliness, quality, accuracy and integrity. By providing clear analysis and insight on project/portfolio progress, portfolio health and issues and risks, you support project managers and senior management in effective decision making. You actively come up with suggestions for improvement initiatives and tasks. The PMO team works on continuous improvements in 4-weekly sprints. You lead small improvement initiatives independently. You help actively to share knowledge within IT's project management community and the IT PMO team, by organizing and/or contributing to the content of events.
Relevant Master degree. Ideally you have it completed with a post graduate degree in Project Management.
- Proven stakeholder management capabilities; skills to support, advise and challenge project managers and middle and senior management to effect sustainable change by influencing without power
- 3-7 Years of working experience in project/portfolio management in a large, international organization, working as project management officer, or a similar position
- Experience in data analysis and creation of reports/dashboards, with a customer focused design (look-and-feel)
- Experience with implementation of changes and improvement initiatives, or ability to do so
- Sound knowledge of project & portfolio management methodologies like PMBOK/Prince2 and MoP
- Sound knowledge of and working experience with Agile and Scrum
- Experience in facilitation of workshops and knowledge exchange/training/presenting
- Experience with project financials
- Working knowledge of MS Office products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project and SharePoint Online
- Preferably, you have working experience with Microsoft Project Online and Spotfire
- Nice to have: working knowledge of SAP
- Excellent presentation skills and a convincing personality
- Decisiveness, taking initiative, setting clear priorities
- Result driven and flexible when needed (customer focused)
- Communicate clearly, concisely and directly to team lead, peers and customers, listen actively, show empathy to others, strive to achieve a shared understanding of your own tasks, issues and goals and speak up.
- People oriented (strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills), team player with the ability to work independently
Solution minded, precise and practical
- Take ownership, focus on quality and improvements, and stick to agreements made
- Understand and consistently question the status quo and analyze existing processes and data within your own area of responsibility, based on knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate a learning mindset: actively seek feedback; learn and develop based on experience and feedback
- Pays attention to detail and produces work that meets high quality standards
- Pro-active team player with the ability to work independently
- No-nonsense and hands-on mentality
- Fluent in English and preferably in Dutch
Context of the position
ASML's IT Portfolio Management Office (IT PMO) enables IT to deliver successful projects. IT PMO is part of the Office of the CIO that reports to IT's Chief Information Officer. The Project Management Officer reports to the Manager IT PMO and has internal interfaces with colleagues from PMO and the Office of the CIO, with Project Managers, Value Stream Leads, Solution Team Managers, Portfolio Managers, Competence Center Directors, other IT and Business stakeholders, Finance, Purchasing, suppliers and consultants.