30+ days ago - req13426
Sr. CS Controller
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
THIS JOB IS NOT A STANDARD FINANCE POSITION
• Eager to help a growing business ( > Eur 1 bln annual revenue in China) to build up a sustainable operating model for its customer service operations
• Enjoys driving teams to make better decisions and holding them accountable for execution
• Offers people workable & creative alternatives instead of just saying no
• Able and willing to speak up, also in meetings where the executives of the company are present
THE PRIORITIES FOR THE ROLE
This position reports hierarchically to the China Finance Director, operationally to the Finance Director Global Customer Support. The CS Business controller acts a recognized business partner on all levels, by managing and deploying cross sector, operational measures and budgeting processes within the area of China Customer Support (CS) Filed Operations
• Envision alternatives for a complex business and foster critical evaluation on the part of the business team. Ensure the financial team breaks down results, develops alternative scenarios, and provides comprehensive financial and operating insights to drive the China CS business
• Drive both business performance and financial performance of China CS Field Operations.
• Enjoys working with teams in continues improvement environment (on strategic and operational level) to make better decisions support and manage accountability of stakeholders for execution.
Be a true Business Partner to CS Field Operations Managers and drive Strategic & Performance Management:
• Running monthly performance review process and budgeting processes;
• Drive optimization and improvement of processes, standardization of reporting and insight-driven analyses within both the business control and financial control organization to satisfy the need for management information;
• Responsible for the operation cost analysis information for management decision making to drive cost efficiency and effectiveness;
• Identify (business) risks and opportunities for CS Field operations and propose mitigation plans;
• Enforce compliance with Code of Conduct, Business principles and Sox compliance;
• Have ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between managers, peers and subordinates within the organization.
• Drive business/process improvements projects;
To qualify for this challenging position, the ideal candidate will have a Bachelor or Master degree with a concentration in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration. Professional Finance certification such as CPA, CMA is preferred but not a must.
The ideal candidate needs to have extensive working experience (>13 years) in an international setting and be equipped with strong finance analysis skill and business acumen. Furthermore he/she needs to challenge his/her senior business partners by speaking up and driving them for results.
This individual should also have a successful track record in developing and overseeing strong financial controls, planning, and analysis. Key competencies required include:
Strong business acumen and analytical skills – The candidate must have strong finance analytical abilities, able to provide alternatives for complicated business case and evaluate them in reasonable way. Semiconductor industry knowledge is not a must but will be preferred. The candidate needs to also have a result-oriented mindset, who can act as a professional business partner in a demanding and very busy technology environment.
Good Communications Skills – The candidate must be an outstanding communicator with the members of the sales team, customer support team, finance share service team, finance control sales team and local business control team. This individual must have strong presentation skills (orally and written), and be able to think and answer questions with the appropriate level of detail and understanding, and demonstrate a knowledge and grasp of the business to gain respect and trust.
Leadership Potential and “Can-do” Mentality – The candidate is expected to manage and control business actively in real time, not just reporting the performance after the fact. He/she will question plans and results, pushing for improvements and enhancements, and challenging the management. He/she will be a driving force within the organization for rigor, change, and continuing improvements.
Team Building Skills – The candidate must be a team player and demonstrates the ability to build strong and open working relationships characterized by mutual respect between managers, peers and within the organization.
Good command of both spoken and written English.
Highly self-motivated with desire to success and ambition to move to next career level.