8 days ago - req13535
Communications Senior Specialist
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
We are looking for an Internal Communications professional, well-versed in creating impactful communications initiatives that support change and stimulate employee engagement.
Are you able to dig into business problems to identify how communications can be part of the solution? Do you have experience in communicating with a highly technical, detail-oriented audience? Do you know how to build communications plans for complex change and business transformation projects? Are you able to measure the effectiveness of your initiatives? Are you an ambitious, proactive individual with a can-do-mentality who is passionate about employee engagement? We would like to talk to you!
As a Senior Communications Specialist in the Internal Communications team, you will work closely with an Internal Communications Business Partner to enable one of ASML’s major units to better inform, engage and connect employees and to drive change.
You will plan, carry out, measure and evaluate communications initiatives, create written and multimedia content through your own resources or using suppliers, support senior managers and project leads with their communications needs and participate in the creation of the communications strategy of ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) organization. Depending on the scope of the initiative, you may take full responsibility and work independently, or you may work as part of a team led by the Internal Communications Business Partner for D&E. You will also work together with the rest of the Business Sector team and broader IC team to drive and improve aligned leadership communication across ASML. Your activities will touch colleagues, not only within your Business Line, Sector or Support Group sphere of influence, but cross-sector and throughout ASML.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
- 5-7 years' proven experience and track record in developing and implementing internal communications
plans in an international environment.
- Preferably within an engineering field and a strong affinity with the engineering mindset.
- Excellent knowledge of internal communication channels.
- Creativity: Shapes ideas and improves and makes ready for execution. Understands creativity as a concept and discipline to shape ideas and narrow down to functional essence. Selects right option(s) from limited set with ability to connect/judge if output is in line with ASML brand.
- Writing & Presentation skills - including internal news, scripts, scenarios, etc.; presentation support, stage work: Comfortable with writing style that effectively informs. Secure grasp of English spelling, grammar, writing mechanics, and punctuation. Exhibits skills in writing, analyzes source material. Clear language and aware of what makes messaging resonate and shareable.
- Technology and Audience understanding: Has an affinity with technology, understands the engineering process and can tune communications to resonate with an audience known for its no-nonsense, plain speaking and ‘getting things done’ approach. Develops a good knowledge of general lithography plus some specialist fields.
- Critical thinking & analytical skills, deals with complexity, information processing: Awareness of complexity and actively seeks explanation. Regularly goes through ‘What if’ scenarios. Suggests potential solutions and works productively in the face of ambiguity.
- Planning & measurement abilities: Plans own work and assigned projects. Understands tools and technologies that drive data analysis and measurement and applies them. Starts prioritizing while executing plan. Recognizes power and relevance of measurement. Proposes metrics to improve. Builds measurement into plans and applies best practice measurement tools.
- Focus on delivering value, create impact, deliver tangible business outcomes for ASML and (internal) customers: Aware of the communications objectives in assigned plans and realizes project deliverables as agreed based on approved demand. Intakes demand and advises how to execute and manage expectations. Takes initiative and responsibility to create a plan and drive the execution. Counsels others how to generate results vs. perform activities. Able to translate business objectives into clear, compelling meaningful communications programs.
- ASML cultural sensitivity (multi-cultural, results driven, entrepreneurial, assertive, resilient, caring/inclusive): Checks if the activity is set up for a multi-cultural audience and meets our values. Drives adjustments to meet the standards of a multi-cultural audience and our values. Challenges the concept if it matches the needs of our multicultural audience. Ensures that the multi-cultural audience is involved in the project plan.
- Assertiveness, tenacity, goal orientation, focus on end-result (identify opportunities and agility to see alternative strategies to accomplish goals): Consistently meets the objectives of assigned tasks. Deals with complex tasks and sets high standards for own performance. Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results. Shows determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks. Adopts a flexible approach in addressing hurdles.
- Pro-actively share information (up & down), strong and effective communications: Communicates the status and completion of assignments in timely fashion. Clear, concise, professional and thorough in communication. Shares information without being asked, based on understanding of others’ needs. Practices active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding. Shares own knowledge and best-practices to assist others’ development.
- Successfully support change programs and projects: Be open to change and executes given tasks to support change programs. Understands why/what/how the change will impact employees and organization and can translate into recommendations in own area. Communicates to employees/stakeholders on why/what/how the change will impact employees and organization. Suggests effective approaches to create a safe/engaged environment for employees feedback and willingness to change.
Context of the position
Working within the IC Business Sector Team at ASML you’ll be at the heart of this worldwide company. The main
aspect of your role is to drive and execute a communications strategy which informs, involves and engages our
employees to think and act with the high quality standard our customers and we expect of ourselves.
Team structure: All Internal Communications teams report to the Director Global Internal Communications, who in
turn reports the Global Communications Director. Internal Communications is structured in six teams:
- Business Lines (EUV, DUV, Applications and Mature Products & Services)
- Business Sectors: Operations, Quality and LEAN
- Business Sectors: D&E
- Customer Support
- Caring Company: Corporate sectors with a company-wide remit
- Channel Management
Key Interfaces: D&E Management Team, program and project leads, HR and People development and other
This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Please apply with your CV and cover letter detailing your interest in this position.