30+ days ago - req13517
Senior Ethics Officer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
ASML is looking for a candidate who is able to exercise impartiality and be guided by objectivity, accessibility, and confidentiality. The role of Ethics Officer blends elements of advisor, investigator, resource person for those with ethical questions in ASML and to a certain extent is also a “police officer” for ASML. If you recognize yourself in this, please read on.
The successful candidate will work to promote ASML’s values as set out in the Code of Conduct and Business Principles and mitigate risk for ASML in the area of Ethics and Compliance.
What would we expect of you?
- Acting as a main point of contact for all ethics related questions or concerns worldwide. Coordinating Ethics Complaints investigations and cooperating with the lead investigator (as mandated by the Ethics Complaints Committee).
- Review and respond to questions or concerns raised by employees of ASML globally on our Speak Up system
- Provide assistance in resolving matters regarding ethics and conduct in the workplace in a manner that contributes to the good governance of ASML and helps to maintain its reputation for carrying out business with the highest level of integrity
- Provide concise, accurate and clear legal/compliance advice to our internal clients including the Ethics Complaints Committee, management and other employees
- Manage and lead ASML face-to-face training programs and onboarding sessions for new hires aimed at increasing awareness on ethics issues and taking responsibility for content of the training programs
- Implement, roll out and administer of all online trainings related to ASML’s Code of Conduct
- Provide training and work closely with local Ethics Liaisons worldwide (ca. 45 employees)
- Flexibility and willingness to travel for the purposes of giving training and also in relation to case management (when required)
- Assist with developing and implementing policies on topics such as Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Gifts & Entertainment, Conflict of Interests and Human Rights (including topics such as diversity, non-discrimination and workplace harassment)
Master’s degree or equivalent degree in law, human resources management or other relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a global legal/business environment, with a preference for experience in dealing with compliance or other legal issues
- International work experience (specifically Asia) is an advantage
- Highly motivated, pro-active and service oriented but most importantly putting integrity at the forefront of everything you do
- Fair and discrete - willing to scrutinize all the facts without making a snap judgment, and interview any relevant employees for their perspective
- Possessing extra conviction – do you have a solid backbone and the strength to stand by difficult decisions and be more influenced by right versus wrong than by relationships?
- Commercially oriented and fast learning. Intelligent and motivated to keep learning: ASML is in an industry which is subject to constantly changing legislation, so staying on top of things is vital
- Flexible and diligent, with the ability to take on a multiple case load and complete or resolve tasks across various areas in parallel
- Able to clearly communicate and explain legal issues to non-legal clients with excellent written and spoken English
Context of the position
The Ethics Office is part of the Legal department but works independently and reports directly to the Ethics board. This position is part of a team of three responsible for ethics issues globally.
This full time position is based in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Regular travel to other ASML locations in Asia, the US and within Europe is required.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter detailing your motivation.