30+ days ago - req13689
Sr. Product Engineer
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Other corporate functions
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, technical individual to expand and support our state of the art Pattern Matching Technology Platform (PTP). This position will be within the ASML Brion’s Product Engineering organization. The Product Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for product and feature definitions, customer benchmarking and new engagements, second-line support of current accounts, release testing for to-be-released features including acceptance tests, and internal and customer new feature trainings. The team functions as an information bridge between R&D and customers, and they interact with most of the other teams (Marketing, Sales, Field engineers, QA engineers, etc.). PEG engineers play a key role in shaping and directing product growth and development.
Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, a Semi-Conductor related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Direct experience in working with patterning technology (Pattern Search, Clustering, Scoring, Visual review, Similarity analysis) within any semiconductor industry.
- Experience or deep knowledge in one or more of the following domains is a very strong positive:
- OPC recipe development, results verification
- Lithographic Modeling for OPC
- Machine learning techniques
- Source Mask Optimization
- Foundry Process Definition Kit (PDK); Design Rule and Pattern-Based Checking
- Fabside Wafer/Photomask CD metrology and/or defect inspection
- Design layout pattern searching, clustering, and/or analysis
- Intermediate / advanced software programming skills
- Good customer and field support skills
- Familiar with scripting languages. Python, PERL, shell is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team
- Very strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills
- Quick learner and flexibility are additional key attributes
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability