30+ days ago - req13776
Development and Integration engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Do you like working on the cutting edge of technology with people all over the world? Do you feel comfortable in a large demanding organization that attempts to do the (almost) impossible? Do you prefer to work in many different disciplines?
Then a job in the satellite team might be the place for you!
As part of the San Diego Satellite team you are key in bridging the gap in distance and time between ASMLs headquarter organization in Veldhoven and the EUV Source development program in ASMLs San Diego location. In this role it is your job to represent the San Diego development projects you are assigned to inside the Veldhoven organization on many different levels.
A big part of your work will consist of escalation management which means you are the last line of defense for factory and field issues of your project's modules and functions during the Veldhoven office hours.
- You will need to transfer any unfinished problems to your counterparts in San Diego at the end of office hours in Veldhoven so they can take over during San Diego office hours. This requires a good understanding of the problem and excellent communication skills.
- You are expected to drive quality and structural improvements by advising stakeholders and actively participating in design reviews and verification.
- You will need to train factory and customer service engineers to increase the level of support they can provide. This is important in order for you to keep focus on the new developments.
- You will facilitate alignment between projects based at both sides of the ocean and promote seamless cooperation to ensure deliverables match perfectly.
- Intercontinental travel will be required, at least once per year to San Diego and possibly customer sites in Asia.
- This means you are first point of contact for Veldhoven based development projects and the Veldhoven factory for alignment orescalations.
Bsc or Msc in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or physics
- 3 years relevant work experience is preferred;
- Experience with (system) integration is a plus
- Excellent technical communication
- Flexible (easily cope with rapidly changing priorities)
- Problem solving
- Starter (like to be thrown in the deep, figure things out on the fly)
- Cultural sensitivity
Context of the position
As Integration and Development Engineer in the San Diego Satellite Team you will operate in a self-sustaining group inside the Veldhoven office that represents projects based in San Diego. You will be assigned to a project within System Function that is responsible foranything related to Tin droplets, SF16. You will focus on anything from droplet generation and optimization to droplet controls and catching and will require in depth knowledge of the hardware as well as the controls systems and interactions to other parts of the system.
As Satellite Team engineer for SF16 you will be part of the EUV Source development program in San Diego and your work will bedriven from the San Diego office. You will report to a project lead and line manager inside the Satellite Team.
We offer you a challenging job, working on the very forefront of current technology in a dynamic, multicultural team where you can be part of developing the future.