30 days ago - req13784
Experienced Electrical Connectivity Designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you triggered by the engineering of electrical connectivity and layout solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
As an Experienced Electrical Connectivity Design Engineer, you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various electrical concepts and products for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the architect.
The concepts and products we mainly focus on are cables, racks, cabinets, passive interconnections PCBA and visualizing this into schematics.
The Experienced Electrical Connectivity Design Engineer is responsible for the following:
•Get clear design requirements by interfacing/aligning with electrical architects, other CDE designers from other projects
•Define, document and maintain designs of the electrical modules and electrical infrastructure to guarantee the design quality(safety, EMC) and compliance to international standards
•Create and maintain electrical technical drawings/schematics of electrical modules and infrastructure (Functional overview, High level block diagram, Detailed wiring diagrams, cable overview, bundle overview)
•Able to support, and if applicable drive, the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
•Provide technical inputs to manufacturers of electrical modules and infrastructure by getting involved with supplier quality engineers and suppliers/manufacturers
•Track and maintain the progress and issues of proto build of electrical modules and infrastructure by getting involved with supplier quality engineers and suppliers/manufacturers
•Assure good quality by early involvement with electrical modules built and onsite qualification at suppliers/manufacturers during proto build
•Assure good quality by qualifying of first article electrical modules and infrastructure at module level before handing over to integration
•Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
•Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
•Guarantee design quality and compliance by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools.
•Further improve design quality by engaging and asking feedbacks from stakeholders on designed products
•Provide and consolidate detailed electrical information so that customers can prepare their fab facility to install the designed electrical cabinets
•Assist electrical architect by providing detailed electrical safety information concerning the design to acquire third party safety certificate
•Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap concerning the electronics within the ASML products.
Bachelor degree or higher in electrical engineering or equivalent.
• Experience in the design of Electrical & electronic modules.
• Experience in the design of cables, racks, cabinets, PCBA (mainly passive/interconnections PCBA).
• Experience with electromechanical designs is a plus
• Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software.
• Experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
• Familiar with SAFe - Agile wow is a plus
• Initiative, pro-active.
• Highly motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
• Structured with eye for details and with quality in mind..
• Flexible and eager to learn.
• Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
• Persuasiveness and decisiveness.
• Quality focus.
• Fluent English in word and in writing
• Able and willing to travel (internationally)
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and able to deal with changing circumstances
• Structured with eye for details and with quality in mind.
• Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view.
• Able to work both independently as in a team in a dynamic environment.
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EL) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Several of our electrical development groups are expanding. After receiving your application we will look at your profile and see if we can match it with existing positions. We will contact you as soon as there is a suitable opportunity.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.