14 days ago - req13741
FLEX Connectivity Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As an Electrical Connectivity Engineer, you will design, realize, and to a limited extent manage the infrastructure cabling of the ASML products.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Electrical Connectivity Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Operate in a multidisciplinary team and interface with multiple projects to realize own work.
- Manage the electrical interfaces between the modules in the product.
- Implement engineering changes into the products.
- Investigate and solve issues on the infrastructure connectivity.
- Design and document various electrical layout infrastructure parts that meet the international standards on electrical safety and EMC.
- Participate in realization of the infrastructure like cable harness, connection panels, electronic racks & cabinets, electronic cooling and mains distribution.
Implement infrastructure products in electro-mechanical designs.
- Represent project team in several meetings.
- Make a personal work breakdown planning, align with team and interfacing projects.
- Act as a technical coach for other designers.
- Bachelor/Master degree in electrical engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- Multiple years of experience as designer of electronic functions, including electrical system design experience in a similar function in a multidisciplinary organization.
- Broad technical knowledge on electronics / cabling / mains / safety / diagnosis / electronics cooling.
- Experience with general electrical engineering principles and electrical development methods and processes.
- Knowledge of electrical connection methods, AC mains power and DC power distribution and signal transmission.
- Knowledge on EMC and electrical safety standards (international (IEC) standards, and US standards (NFPA, UL) and preferably SEMI).
- Knowledge on analogue and digital circuitry and power electronics.
- Ability to set up cabling concepts.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social and communication skills.
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude. Responsible.
- Quality focus and attention to detail.
- Strong English language skills – spoken and written
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the D&E Sector, the Electronic Development Department (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, and qualification of electronic functions and modules of these products. Within EDEV, the group System Electrical Layout is responsible for the study, definition, realization and qualification of the electrical infrastructure of the complete ASML products
To be completed
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityRequisition will NOT be posted