30+ days ago - req1378
Mechanical System Architect Alignment Concepts
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is hiring!
Do you want to be part of further improving the extreme high accuracies in our machine? Do you want to make conceptual choices on system level? Do you want to combine a theoretical and pragmatic approach, improve the machine performance, while also making things more simple and robust? Do you like working with many people on various levels and several technical disciplines?
Then this vacancy might be something for you!
Our machines consist of many modules, which need to be accurately positioned with respect to each other.
You will take ownership on a system level in order for our machine to meet its performance and
- Secure that sensors are positioned accurately with respect to each other, such that the machine metrology can meet its final performance (like overlay, focus etc.).
- Secure that our machine can be accurately built together in robust way. Prevent integration and alignment issues, due to too large variances in modules.
- Minimize (or better: eliminate) realignments after service actions.
- Be creative, find smart alignment concepts and solutions.
- Collaborate with system engineering & architects to find solutions.
- Generate robust adjustment concepts and widely supported tolerance budgets to prevent time loss (in our factory or at customers) that happens due to mechanical tolerance issues.
- Take ownership on all system level tolerance chains (identify, analyze, specify).
- Validate achieved performance and robustness in reality.
- Collect and analyze data.
You will be partof mechanical architecture project team. This team acts on system engineering level, and is responsible for the total mechanical architecture of the machine.
Masters or PhD. Preferably in Mechanics, Mechatronics, Optics (with mechanical experience).
- At least 6 years of experience in mechanical analysis, preferably experience within mechanical tolerances.
- Practical experience aligning and building together complex modules.
- Preferably experience in metrology.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good communication skills, easily communicates with other disciplines.
- Sharp and assertive.
- Easily challenges colleagues.
- Strong quality drive.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.