30+ days ago - req13877
Global Support Center DUV Metrology Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Are you a team player who wants to be the linking pin between problems seen at high tech customers and the solution in a multicultural environment? Then join us in our international team of technical experts. The goal is to remotely solve technical challenges, however due to complexity of our products, an ASML Global Support Center (GSC) engineer often gets the opportunity to travel for problem solving at customer sites (up to 20% of your time).
The Global Support Center (GSC) provides 24/7 support by covering 3x8 hours in 3 different continents with offices in the Netherlands, USA and Taiwan.
ASML produces high tech and high value products to semiconductor manufacturers. Downtime of these tools is very expensive for our customers. ASML Customer Support organization is responsible for the repair of the systems as soon as possible, and to identify what improvements can be made to prevent a similar issue occurs again. In this way, enabling our field partners to maximize ASML tool performance by expert diagnostics support.
A role as Global Support Center (GSC) Engineer in the ASML Customer Support department consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities. These tasks and responsibilities are varying with the phase of system maturity which makes the job challenging:
- Solving complex technical problems by remotely analyzing data and creating deterministic and forward looking action plans is key for a GSC Engineer.
- It is important to have good alignment on expectations with the local team and your other GSC colleagues worldwide within this problem solving process.
- Involving additional help from development engineers helps to drive fast incident resolution. On-site support is required to solve the problem at the customer.
- Next to solving a technical problem a GSC engineer is responsible for starting the process to prevent the issue of happening again in future.
- Collaboration with the departments: Competence Engineering and Development & Engineering is necessary to establish that goal.
The diversity of problems in a fast evolving company requires a continuous drive to stay updated and informed on new technologies, functionalities and products. Being eager to learn and absorb this knowledge are very valuable within GSC.
Sharing knowledge and expertise amongst colleagues within the GSC and with local engineers increases the efficiency of our customer service.
Travelling on-site when new system types are introduced to customers is an example of this aspect.
The diversity of technical problems encountered in the “Metrology and Sensors” team requires a broad knowledge level on all different modules in the ASML scanner. This makes that a GSC Metrology engineer grows a very valuable general system knowledge. Within this team, you will get opportunities to grow in both technical and managerial directions.
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Chemistry, Aerospace Engineering, Process Technology, or similar.
- Preferably 2 or more years of experience as a Customer Support Engineer in a semiconductor (or any other relevant industrial) environment.
- Experience in a ASML engineering or customer support role is considered a huge plus.
- Get-things-done mentality
- Pro-active attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal abilities (can relate well to others, both colleagues and customers)
- Effective communicator in English (both oral and written)
- Flexible in terms of working hours, travel and work environments
- Team player
- Stress resistant
Context of the position
The vacancy is within GSC Metrology and Sensors group which focuses on the fine-tuning in the ASML system to ensure high quality image and overlay performance. Within the context of ASML, the general purpose of metrology is to calibrate all modules together to reach the nm accuracy as required by our customer. Examples of sensors used in our tool are a sensor to measure aberrations in the aerial image, or a sensor to read out specific marks on a wafer to determine the position.
Please include CV and customized motivation letter when applying for this role.