30+ days ago - req13869
(Mechanical) Lead Engineer, Manufacturing and Service Tooling
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
ASML is hiring!
Are you eager to further develop your technical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of (Mechanical) Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Take ownership for the specification, design and qualification of precision tools enabling manufacturing, qualification and field service of ASML modules (e.g. precision mechanical adjustment tools (µm), optical reference and camera tools to mechatronic qualification tools). The (Mechanical) Lead Engineer reports to the group manager for Manufacturing and Service Tooling and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects. Although the department/group has a mechanical origin, electronic, measure/control and optical aspects need to be covered in the design.
As a (mechanical) Lead Engineer you are responsible for realization of precision tooling, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the design and interface cross-project with other lead engineers and architects
- Set-up specifications with respect to tooling for functional requirements in the area of manufacturing and service.
- Create and validate new concepts; make sure there is consensus with stakeholders.
- Comply to precision mechanical construction principles and competence standards.
- Balance between (precision) mechanical, electrical and measure/control solution directions and comply to competence standards.
- Optimize the design, with a team of designers.
- Establish supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Define qualification tests, verifying the tooling performance compared to the specifications.
Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Mechanical engineering.
A degree in an Optics and/or Mechatronic related study is a preference.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience.
- Track record of applying precision mechanical construction principles and generating new designs and technical concepts, in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experienced in mechanical tolerance and statistical analysis
- Preferably experienced in opto-mechanics and/or mechatronics.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading design teams up to 10 design engineers.
- Excellent knowledge in the field of manufacturability of mechanical parts
- Skilled in technical, correct and effective communication with suppliers.
- Experienced in 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of tooling design.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out).
- Eager to drive his own development.
- Fluent in English, eager to learn Dutch (if applicable).
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group Manufacturing and Service Tooling is responsible for the specification, engineering and qualification of tooling that is required for manufacturing and servicing of ASML modules (enabling e.g. precision adjustments, qualification).
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.