30+ days ago - req13869
Mechatronic Architect (Manufacturing and Service Tooling)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
ASML is hiring!
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology. At ASML we push capabilities of our technology to the level that is considered to be impossible by external experts. We also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that we are examining. Though we stay pragmatic as our customers need real solutions, not just theories. Do you see yourself in this picture? Are you eager to contribute to the mechanical development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech lithography system? Excited to join a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic and international environment? Perhaps it’s time to advance your career and become a part of progress, and join ASML in the role of Design Engineer.
Take ownership for the specification, design and qualification of precision tools enabling manufacturing, qualification and field service of ASML modules. The mechatronic architect reports to the group leader Manufacturing and Service Tooling and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects. Although the tooling has a mechanical origin, electronic, software and optical aspects need to be covered in the design.
As a mechatronic architect you are responsible for realization of precision tooling, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the design architecture and interface cross-project with lead engineers, other architects and system engineers.
- Set-up specifications wrt tooling for functional requirements in the area of manufacturing and service.
- Create and validate new concepts; make sure there is consensus with stakeholders.
- Balance between (precision) mechanical, electrical and software solution directions and comply to competence standards.
- Define qualification tests, verifying the tooling performance compared to the specifications.
- Contribute to ASML systems roadmaps.
Master or PhD degree in Mechatronic Engineering, a degree in an optics-related field of study will be beneficial.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience.
- Track record of applying precision mechanical construction principles and generating new designs and technical concepts, in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent knowledge in the field of manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness.
- Skilled in technical, correct and effective communication with suppliers.
- Experienced in 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Experienced in evaluating FEM / mechanical analysis results.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Technical leadership: sets out direction for technical project teams.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of tooling design.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out).
- Eager to drive his own development.
- Fluent in English, eager to learn Dutch (if applicable).
Context of the position
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Work together in multi-disciplinary, multi-nationality teams.
- International opportunities
- Individual performance & talent management.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.