19 days ago - req13963
Customer Support DUV Engineering – Competency Engineer Metrology and Sensors
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
The goal of Customer Support (CS) DUV Engineering is to ensure that a Field Service Engineer in the customer fab can do his/her work as prepared as possible, with as minimum disturbances as possible and to continuously improve on this.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. CS Central takes care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.
You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by reviewing and maintaining solutions on field readiness, maintaining the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (work instructions, parts and tools) and sharing knowledge. You are the technical interface between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven, like Development & Engineering (D&E), Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing.
You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base. Engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert who they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues.
Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. You support our CS DUV Engineering Architect Interface team to set the direction for the most efficient solution and steer technical discussions with solution providers (for example D&E).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Build and maintain technical expertise for competences Metrology and Sensors
- Solve structural issues in Service Mix (work instructions, service and recovery sequences)
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field, including knowledge transfer
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer presentations
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network
- Support the Architect Interface team with:
- In-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers
- Quantification of the impact of structural issues on the operational targets
- Definition of solutions for the Field organization on a technical level
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Control Engineering or other technical area with affinity for metrology, modelling and sensors.
Required level of experience ranging from starter to intermediate, or higher. ASML experience is preferred.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative
- Analytical skills
- Flexible but result driven and multi-tasking
- Lean mindset, focused on continuous improvement
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
Context of the position
Competency Engineering (CE) is part of the CS DUV Engineering department focusing on (technical) service engineering. This vacancy is within the Optics and Metrology cluster and is part of the Expert team Metrology and Software. The Competency Engineer reports to the group lead of this team.
Please include CV and motivation letter for this role.