19 days ago - req14038
Business Engineer - Customer Support EUV Upgrades
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Do you enjoy deep-diving in data, turning data into information, as well as analyzing and transforming information into insights? Do you have excellent analytical skills and can you drive self-starting business improvements to convince multiple stakeholders on the need of the improvements? If so, ASML is looking for people like you to join our Customer Support EUV Upgrades group.
Within ASML the Customer Support (CS) group is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. One of the segments within CS is EUV Upgrades. The CS EUV Upgrades organization prepares and executes complex repairs and commercial upgrades on ASML systems. These upgrades are run 24/7 in a customer production environment with a team of 15-50 engineers over a period of 5-25 weeks. CS EUV Upgrades is a global organization with presence on different locations in the world.
As Business Engineer for CS EUV Upgrades you are the main responsible person to enable the required resources headcount budget and related capabilities of the organization for the complex commercial upgrades at customer sites. The Business Engineer will drive this process by maintaining blueprints for the several activities and analyzing actual performances of the department while executing the upgrades at the customer sites.
Your main tasks are:
Manage the process of capacity resource planning:
- Resource forecasting depending on roadmap of the department and demand request from Central Planning (mid and long term)
- Ownership of maintenance EUV Upgrades blueprints
- Calculate demand based on forecast and blueprints (horizon of 6-8 quarters)
- Sounding board for group leaders, project leaders and program manager for effective allocation of resources
- Support program manager to predict number of resources needed and advice for related blueprints
- Identify and report operational capacity bottle necks and potential solutions
- Drive Target Annual Planning (TAP) process from CS EUV Upgrades side (resources required, justification, CS proposals
Identify improvement opportunities for the department:
- Analyze processes and measure the results. Identify possible improvements
- Identify areas of improvement on request and on own initiative
- Identify targets for the department to improve the quality and costs of the operation
- Drive blueprint improvement from business perspective (focus on staffing and cycle time, non-technical)
- Maintain digital documentation about the upgrades (including status, planning, roadmaps, etc.)
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Technical Business Administration or Business Economics.
- Business Engineer with at least 2 year experience in a relevant environment (for example: planning of infrastructural projects);
- Experience in a complex High Tech environment is a plus.
- The work requires commitment and a flexible attitude towards frequent changes in planning and approach;
- Strong analytical ability and focus on problem solving;
- Structured and accurate way of working. Able to see the overall picture but capable of driving on details;
- Be able to document and present planning progress, issues, and findings (knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is required)
- Result oriented and is able to convince, inspire and motivate people.
- The ability to work individually as well as in a team.
- Open for cultural differences;
- Fluent English language skills; both verbal and written. Knowledge of Dutch is considered a plus.
Context of the position
You will be part of the CS EUV Upgrades team Veldhoven team and report to the Operational Support Manager. Traveling to other ASML locations worldwide could be up to 10%.
Please include CV and motivation letter for this role.