10 days ago - req14166
Customer Support Infrastructure Support Functional Domain Architect
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
ASML delivers advanced lithographic equipment for the semiconductor industry. To minimize costly downtime of these complex machines, our chip manufacturing customers are typically supported 24/7 by ASML field service engineers. Their task is to effectively diagnose and repair equipment failures.
To deliver good service performance these engineers need high quality data from the ASML equipment. The data is to be interpreted in various applications that have the opportunity to merge into a workflow matching tool suite. The applications are based on a combination of intelligent analysis modules and design + service expertise. The applications are to be used on the sites of ASML’s customers (tsmc. Samsung etc). These need to meet customer and ASML security requirements and are required to meet 99.9% availability standards. These applications are mostly functionally maintained by CS Infrastructure Support
Data needed for these applications is highly dependent on the infrastructure which is maintained by CS Infrastructure support as well. In order to provide this service CS Infrastructure Support consists of highly skilled application managers and experts.
Your task as CS Infrastructure Support Functional Domain Architect is to define and guard the infrastructure architecture and the usage of this in close collaboration with the CS Business Architect, the CS Infrastructure team, IT and Customer Information Security I. This means:
- You work closely with IT and D&E on improving or even re-designing the CS infrastructure to enable smooth and timely data-transfer or data solutions both locally as well as central. These solutions must be sustainable for at least 5-10 years which has impact on technical design choices.
- You can explain to ASML customers what is needed to run the data collection software in their fab and data center. When needed you deliver convincing test evidence that their production process is not at risk and will even benefit from better service.
- The main users of the infrastructure and data are Customer Support, they run the daily service operation and known all details of each customers tailored way of working. You collect requirements and align your solution to fit their needs.
Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
You prove to have at least 8+ year experience in infrastructure architecture, design and requirements collection. You also have:
- worked in multi-disciplinary projects.
- dealt with customers.
- understanding of Big Data technology
- affinity with protection of Intellectual Property by use of IT
A plus to have:
- Affinity with machine development & high tech systems.
- Previous experiences with diagnostics and associated tools.
- Previous ASML experience.
- Experience in service and/or manufacturing environment.
In this job you must be able to communicate and listen. You have a strong motivation and find creative solutions for complex multi system, multiple customers problems. Sometimes you need to work with one hand tied on your back. What is possible in Google may not be allowed ASML’s customers. You can motivate and “sell” your design choices not just based on internet research or past knowledge but taking into account the problem at hand.You can translate requirements and business goals into infrastructure specifications and designs accepted by stakeholders at many levels in the organizations.
Infrastructure, Architecture, Network components, Security, Diagnostics, Databases, Hadoop, Change Management, Customer Support