29 days ago - req14187
Senior GUI Developer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Physics
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
We are looking for highly talented individuals to join our software research and development team.In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing software programs that are leading the way in this industry. You will be challenged with identifying solutions to problems and will be able to implement these solutions independently. In this position you will have the opportunity to work with software developers, product engineers and the software quality assurance organization on a regular basis.
- Work closely with product management to define requirements and prototype and design new features for product users
- Develop high level and detailed user flow diagrams, wireframes, storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and functional design
- Work in software development team to incorporate the design into source code implementation and end user documentation
- Design, develop and test software programs including graphic user interface (GUI), database mapping/connectivity, network protocols, and other wide range of applications.
Master's orBachelorsin Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Electrical Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in Computer Industry
- Familiarity in C/C++ and UI programing
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Problem analyzing and solving skills and enjoy computer software programming as a profession
- Excellent teamwork and good communication skills
- Familiarity with graphics programming will be a good plus
- Knowledge in semiconductor lithography and IC design will be a good plus
- Knowledge about agile programming practices will be a good plus
- Knowledge on MFC or QT will be a good plus
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to articulate at a system level
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability