30+ days ago - req14214
D&E - MPS Mechanical Design Engineer - Linkou
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Delivering the technical solutions requires not only the knowledge/experience, but also teamwork, organizational, and communication skills. If you are experienced developer and would like to
Prove you are highly talented and ready to work in a multidisciplinary team.
Enjoy the challenge/problem solving of complex issues in multi-dimensional cause.
Make a difference to efficiency and profitability of ASML by performing the engineering change through the product life cycle.
Make your work to have a global impact.
Then, you shall fulfill the position of “MPS Design Engineer”. This is your chance to work in a multinational environment that also provides you complex technical and challenges. Furthermore, co-work with us to extend the PAS5500 product life cycle to 2030 and longer.
-Contribute to the development of the PAS5500 product line by re-designing, creating and testing sub-modules, within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
-Manage the Development Projects by co-working with Internal/External stakeholders and integrate the solutions into PAS5500 systems.
-Introduce the Engineering Change to Manufacturing and Customer Support organization and also support the Supplier to meet the output and quality requirements.
- Responsible for the technical product documentation using 3D modeling, BOM structures, and design documents in order to unambiguously explain the design to suppliers.
- Perform (re-)design of mechanical layout, tooling, packaging and mixed pneumatic/mechatronic modules with quality.
- Specify, re-design, replace critical components, integrate, qualify and optimize mechanical aspects of the PAS 5500 modules in order to meet the system performance.
- Define test specifications and ensure that prototypes are built and tested accordingly.
- Fulfill a technology bridging position between ASML and suppliers/customers.
- Co-operate with multi-sectors (ex, CS, PE, SCE and logistics) is required in daily work and also possibly co-work with worldwide ASML colleague and external sectors.
Bachelor/ Master degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years of working experience in related technical areas
-Mechanical design of mono parts, welded frame/covers, or tooling kit/tools
-Both 3D/2D modeling and drafting experience for mono parts and assemblies.
-Module concept design to prototype and test
-Investigate design or manufacturing issues and provide solutions to end customers
-Covert design specifications into element/module designs
-Able to do basic mechanic statics calculation and analysis
-Optional 1: Finite Element Analysis experience
-Optional 2: Pneumatic system/module design experience
-Eager to learn
-Ability to identify root causes and develop/drive solutions.
-Team player able to convince others with different cultural backgrounds.
-Self-driven, pro-active, hands-on and get-it-done mentality based on technical arguments.
-Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people from all levels in a professional manner.
-Good English and Mandarin language skills.
Context of the position
Business Line Mature Products and Services is responsible for the entire installed base of PAS5500 steppers and scanners.
Within BL MPS, Design & Engineering deliver the structural solution to supports PAS5500 installed base by providing refurbished systems, upgrades, spare-parts and service to our customers. We are looking for a mechanical design engineer to cover mechanical related deliverables.