12 days ago - req14226
Main Deliverable Owner for Mechanical Layout
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics
A very interesting position for an engineer who feels challenged by improving the production process to ensure product quality, optimal availability, short lead-times and ‘short time to market’.
You will plan, organize, steer and keep track of the progress of the industrialization deliverables for newly developed products. You are driving, for several production milestones, the preparation of the required set of deliverables. An example of a production milestone is the work preparation for the final assembly of several machine parts in our Veldhoven factory.
- Act as owner of production milestones in scope of project and align with involved operational sectors and suppliers.
- Set up and maintain work breakdown and planning for a broad set of industrialization deliverables.
- Execute and report on team plan and pro-actively align with Project Leader.
- Setup project organization and assist Group Leader in planning and budgeting of resources.
Bachelor or Master degree within Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical or other similar educations.
2-5 years of experience in:
- A service or production environment with high tech products and complex production processes, for instance working as an industrialization engineer.
- Industrialization (steer development with focus on manufacturable and serviceable solutions).
- Planning, reporting and teamwork.
- Broad technical and business knowledge.
- Interactive (many stakeholders) and group oriented.
- Adaptive to changes and flexible in priority setting.
- Proactive (engage to prevent issues before they arise).
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The cluster Mechanical Development (MDEV) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
The department Industrialization drives the industrialization aspects of mechanical designs, meeting manufacturing and service requirements of ASML products during the entire life cycle.
The goal of the Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering group within the Industrialization department is to industrialize ASML products while development is going on, embedding a system’s industrial performance (cycle time, reliability, availability, and cost) into the specifications and early in the design phase. This means thinking about the manufacturing environment, to the use and maintenance at the customer site, and to take into consideration lessons learned from the past. If we focus on product industrialization early, we can prevent most of the manufacturing and quality problems in our factory as well as at the suppliers and even improve our delivery time. The role of the Mechanical Development cluster is to leverage concurrent engineering and to do things in parallel, working as a team with Development & Engineering, Customer Support, Manufacturing, Sourcing – every department involved in the Product Generation Process (PGP).
The holder of this position reports to the Group Leader Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering within the Industrialization department of the Mechanical Development cluster.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.