28 days ago - req14215
NPI Project Lead
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionThe Customer Support NPI Project Lead takes ownership of and is responsible for the development new product introduction plans and improvements on specific product or sub-system of the product. This position will lead projects and operate independently depending on project assignments on the EUV light source.The EUV light source is a sub-system of the ASML EUV Scanner. The EUV light source is a complex, cutting edge, and enabling microlithography technology being adopted by the customer base (chipmakers) for creating the next generation of computer.
The Project Lead (PL) will drive introduction preparation and executions of activities and deliverables to achieve CS readiness for high volume field support. The CS NPI PL will drive projects through ASML development processes to support the successful introduction of new services, sub-systems or systems.The CS NPI PL will coordinate the CS Team consisting of Training, Global Support, Upgrade Execution, Service Engineering, and the Customer Sites to successful maturethe product and meet ASML’s business goals. The PL will work closely with Development Engineering, Logistics, Manufacturing, Integration, and the customer sites. Assignments will be vary from Controls, Software, Module, and System development work with functional clusters leading a broad scope projects touching on variety of technologies and engineering disciplines.
- Lead CS team effort as Project Team member and CS expert to Project team(s), providing program management skills and acting as the key contact for internal PGP process providing administrative guidance, facilitation and support to CS NPI team that adheres to the ASML ways of working include deliverables for achieving product maturity.
- Drive team to standard reporting methods and consistent, clear, and useful methods. Deliver project to plans.
- Lead customer critical issues to resolution on assigned projects.
- Lead and support key project reviews including but not limited to creating project plans, resource management, ROI assessments, Trade-off tables, dashboards, and issue tracking. Lead customers to adopt improvements. Manage change.
- Support the D&E and Project Team in communicating and/or escalating, to the sponsor and different stakeholders, the issues/risks, mitigation and deviations to the agreed baselines.
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Manages specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end, on time/on budget to customer commitments.
- Ensures good cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email and other means).
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering Disciplines: Mechanical, Controls, Physics, Electrical (with Controls background desired).
- Project management experience > 3 year and >5 years’ experience in technology based industry.
- Experience with product development phases and validation and field readiness deliverables.
- Familiar with service and maintenance procedures, spares plans, serviceability strategy, training, etc.
- Experience working alongside a technical development team and influencing technical solutions.
- Led teams and participated as team member in a matrix organization, managing non-direct reports.
- Experienced with using applications supporting communication and project management.
- Proven stakeholder management capabilities. Ability to prioritize and escalate.
- PCCSTRAIM/8D methodology, FMEA, and product quality measurements.
- Able to evaluate data and make conclusions, and strong problem solving skills.
- Able review and understand technical issues, technical documents and enrich quality of engineering documentation.
- Attention to details and technical curiosity with ability to lead and contribute to problem solving processes.
- Being able to function in a highly dynamic environment; with pro-active and customer first attitude.
- Excellent communications skills;both verbal and written, including presentation creation and delivery.
- Ability to motivate and convince others at different levels within the organization.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and non-verbal), and presentation skills, including presentation collaboration.
- Good understanding of customer services organizations and processes (delivery and governance).
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and report problems through written and/or graphical formats. Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building & customer communication.
- Experience as a Project Manager of large and complex projects. Experienced with change management processes.
- Ability to lead and managing teams to successfully meet their commitments (time and cost).
- Technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with various teams (including customers), and to check/review their plans and progress, and vet technical direction for solutions.
- Excellent organizational, meeting management, reasoning, planning and motivational skills.
- Ability to define and tracking short and long-term goals and resources.
Proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Context of the position
- In this position you report directly to the CS NPI Director, and lead team members in matrix environment.
- Available to travel internationally to customer sites and main offices (Asia and Europe) up to 30%.
- Capable to travel without limitations to Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Europe, and within US.
- Able to respond to travel requests in short notice to customers or ASML sites
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability