15 days ago - req14251
Sr. Facilities Project Manager
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
IntroductionASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. At our San Diego location we are renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Facilities Project Manager to join our Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Facilities team in San Diego. Responsible to facilitate ASML employees, customers, suppliers and visitors to provide optimal working conditions in a safe and comfortable environment for San Diego and west coast locations.
- Manages the facilities project activities within a Facilities program by provides a broad mechanical engineering design background and has the ability to perform designs, calculations, approve floor plans, construction plans and specs, evaluate contractor bids, and present recommendations to senior management.
- Strong technical knowledge desired in general HVAC, clean room filtration, boilers, water purification, wastewater collection and treatment, central plant utilities exhaust ventilation, air treatment systems, high-purity gas distribution, gas detection, safety alarm systems, electrical distribution and clean room operations.
- Compliance knowledge of building codes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA requirements desired.
- Creates, tracks, and ensures schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets (specifications), resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, and other general engineering planning activities.
- Ensures that the facilities project plan is communicated and followed within the program’s engineering team.
- Provides feedback to on ways to improve the facilities project planning.
- Manages the effective usage of the design review process within the program’s engineering team and facilitate necessary approvals.
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
- Ensures excellent cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination between Engineering functional areas and other departments.
- Supports the Facility Manager (provides information, fill-in during absence, etc.) as required.
- Creates and manages project budgets, creates purchase requisitions and approves invoices.
- Negotiates consulting and construction services contracts.
- Manages and ensures that construction and system hookups by outside contractors is done in a safe manner per approved scope, schedule and cost.
- Ensures successful completion of facility projects by ensuring required inspections, commissioning and handoff to facilities maintenance end user(s).
- Ensures proper documentation is completed for facilities project.
- Performs reviews on key developments and drives necessary changes into the Facilities Planning Process or other applicable areas.
- Interprets, implements, and monitors modifications to department methods, processes and policies that affect multiple work groups.
- May provide advanced management direction to a complex technical subject matter area.
- Leads facilities and cross-functional team members consisting of individual contributors and managers to create and execute product development schedules in compliance with corporate roadmaps, business and facility planning guidelines, and program manager/executive guidance on projects.
- Expedites facility project process as required to achieve approved program plans.
- Responsible for facility project documentation from planning through project closeout.
- Owns facilities project budget management as assigned by the Facilities Director and Facilities Manager.
- Creates presentations as required to support internal and external program reviews.
- Your challenge is to ensure a constant high level of facility operations in line with existing policies and guidelines. You will further contribute to develop policies and guidelines as ASML evolves.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university. A minimum of ten (10) years total development experience with five (5) years previous in Facilities with a minimum of three (3) years project management experience leading complex technical projects/activities.
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex data using statistical tools. Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project).
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Ability to lead and manage consulting engineering teams to successfully meet project objectives.
- Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the project teams, and to check/review their plans and progress.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques with organizational, reasoning, planning, and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated success as a hands on leader / manager with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under pressure.
- Ability to effectively convey information in graphical and chart formats.
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Proactive self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to plan development expenses over a quarter to quarter period and track expenses.
- Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Understanding of engineering control, control rules, and tools.
- Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation.
- Working experience in an international setting with the ability to work with other cultures.
- Interpersonal skills to establish excellent working relations with highly educated individuals from various backgrounds.
- High achiever with ability to coordinate various activities simultaneously and self-prioritize workload.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills and be sensitive, adaptable, professional and articulate when dealing with others.Acts proactively to customer needs.
- Must be a team player, driven to provide the highest level of customer service with a “can-do, no job too big or small” attitude.
- Exercise judgment and discretion with regards to sensitive and confidential matters.
- Provides analysis of own work assignments and executes to the operational plan.
- Must be available for occasional overtime and weekend hours as needed.
- Professional behavior and appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work under deadlines.
Communications skills, detail oriented, customer service, problem solving skills, organizational skills, analytical, project management, leadership, training and development skills
Context of the position
Sr Facilities Project Manager will oversee the construction and renovation of buildings, manage relationships with contractors, control space allocation, manage large supply systems projects and maintain ASML Facilities budgets.