24 days ago - req14484
Architect - EUV Wafer Clamp Flatness & Process Development
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
ASML is seeking an experienced multi-disciplinary engineer with expertise in metrology, material science, manufacturingprocesses of glass and ceramics to produce ultra-high precision systems . This person will join the Advanced development center in Wilton, Connecticut - A Research and development team focused on proto-typing and industrialization of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems. The main job function is to define and specify requirement and implement the technical solutions required to manufacture precision vacuum and electro-static clamping system used in ASML systems. This person will focus on development of metrology tools, software solutions, manufacturing methods andprocess. He/she will work with product architects and system engineers to arrive at manufacturable solutions that meets the system performance and secure ASML roadmap by solving challenging engineering problems associated with achieving nanometer scale performance.
The main focus of this position will be:
- Define tools and process requirements at architecture level for hardware, process and software based developments in a multidisciplinary development team to drive flatness, top surface performance and manufacturable wafer clamp solution.
- Generate and maintain performance and issue overviews, and steer new developments
- Consolidate roadmaps and solutions with other departments within ASML delivering process solutions that lead to require on-product performance and cycle time and manufacturabilityrequirements
- Contribution to the overlay roadmap: generate solutions that increase customer value
- Generate and define solutions that realize the specified requirements on both performance and industrialization aspects. Drive verification of the proposed solutions by testing and modelling
- Solve performance and factory issues: lead in analyzing and solving complex issues at our customers and factory in a structured way
- Interface technically with other projects and stakeholders: serves astechnical interfaces between product groups of wafer clamping and reticle camping product development team , manufacturing leads, Customer Support, and System Engineering
- Define work break down structure, support Project lead in the decision making and risk mitigation planning . Technically guide the team in implementing them.
- Solve any engineering challenges that we encounter in metrology, data analysis, manufacturing process as the precision gets to sub-nanometer scale
- Create and maintain a roadmap of metrology, data analysis, manufacturing process to support ASML products by investigating possible candidate techniques and evaluating their capabilities and limitations.
- Prepare and review leading system engineer documentation (Element Performance Specifications, Element Design Specifications, Test Performance Specification; Test Analysis Reports) through review, release and change control;
- Prepare and drive design reviews in your team
- Clearly communicating progress and status of ongoing technical activities to senior management
- Some travel ( ~20%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected
Minimum: MS in Physics, Material Sciences, Optics or other engineering disciplines or equivalent experience.
Preferred: PhD in Physics, Material Sciences, Optics or other engineering disciplines or equivalent experience.
- At least 8 years industry experience driving and solving multi-disciplinary technical problems.
- Technically strong with broad technical skill set. Ability to interface and dive deep in to various engineering and sciencediscipline like Optics, electronics, material science, system engineering, etc
- Expert knowledge in testing techniques like interferometer, white light interferometer, SEM, AFM etc
- knowledge in ion beam figuring / etching or similar technology (thermionic emission from Ion gun and neutralizer, types of ion guns, types of neutralizers) is a plus
- Working knowledge in thin film deposition / evaporation technology
- Good knowledge in manufacturing process optimization
- Understanding of the fundamentals of friction and wear processes of metallic, ceramic, and polymeric materials is a plus
- Experience within ASML is a plus
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time while under time constraints;High energy, high ownership, high level of dedication
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability
- Have demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills
- Be able to drive and lead multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab)
- Motivated, driven & curious. Excellent analytical and experimental skills
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes for glass, and ceramics with excellent understanding in material and material interaction (especially glass, ceramics, thin film materials, gases, etc)
- Good understanding of manufacturing techniques like coating, contacting, bonding, Etching & contact Lithography on glass and ceramics
Context of the position
ASML is seeking an experienced multi-disciplinary engineer with expertise in metrology, material science, manufacturingprocesses of glass and ceramics to produce ultra-high precision systems. Advanced development center in Wilton, Connecticutis an multi-disciplinary group of engineers and scientistsfocused developing on learning loop solutions, proto-typing & industrialization of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems and industrialization of proto-types that meet the system performance requirement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1