30+ days ago - req14498
Customer Support - Application Engineer
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Physics, Mechatronics
Are you interested in learning the ins and outs of semiconductor process technology, enhancing customer satisfaction and influencing new product development?
As an Application Engineer in the Customer Support (CS) Applications Engineering department your main goal will be to have satisfied customers. You will achieve this through proactively providing customized applications solutions and creating tomorrow’s value with ASML products and services that enable our partners’ technology and manufacturing roadmaps. These partners will not just be global ASML customers that use ASML machines, but will also be other ASML departments. By using your accumulated knowledge, expertise and analytical skills, you will provide the consultancy services needed to fine tune the equipment and the process in order to obtain maximum performance.
During ASML’s new product introduction process, you will give input for the design as well as review documents to ensure customer requirements are met. After new systems are fully installed you will visit customers to optimally fit them into the customer’s production process and fine-tune them for maximum performance. As a highly skilled communicator, you will also be responsible for training the local organization so that our on-site engineers can provide ongoing customer support. In particular, the forthcoming introduction of next-generation lithography equipment and options will pose a significant challenge and learning curve.
Together with input you obtain from ASML’s Development and Engineering (D&E) department, you will take responsibility for determining solutions to customer-related lithography needs, enabling them to achieve their goals. This part of your job does not include standard hardware/software support, but rather focuses on how to extract the best results from our machines, finding innovative alternatives where established practices don’t work.
- In addition to the primary responsibilities detailed above, your responsibilities will also include:
- Running performance improvement projects in cooperation with customers and translating the results into improvement specifications for ASML’s development department;
- Contributing your expertise on customer technology requirements to new development projects;
- Sustaining gathered knowledge through proper knowledge documentation and its maintenance;
- Travel internationally (up to 30%) to provide tailor-made support to our customers.
PhD or MSc in Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or a similar engineering degree.
- Relevant experience in an IC manufacturing environment with a strong emphasis on lithography and imaging;
- Experience in a university research group or research institute working on semiconductor manufacturing technology;
- (Preferred) experience in customer contact / customer service role.
- The drive and determination to bring projects to successful conclusions;
- Combine leadership with excellent investigative and analytical skills to deliver timely, high-quality solutions
- Strong customer focus;
- Being adaptable in a highly dynamic environment;
- Empower team members by respecting and valuing them, sharing relevant information via open dialogue;
- Cultural awareness demonstrated through communication skills;
- The ability to organize and influence without power;
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written);
- Able to explain complex technical subjects to different stakeholders.
Context of the position
You will be based in ASML HQ in the Netherlands and from there you will support our colleagues worldwide. ASML’s CS sector ensures that ASML’s customers are supported efficiently by providing knowledge/technical services to on-site personnel in countries such as USA, South Korea and Taiwan and undertaking specialist engineering work at customer sites. Within CS the Applications Engineering department supports the effective use of ASML machines in the customer’s production process.
As an Application Engineer, you will report directly to one of the CS Applications Engineering department group leaders.
Please include the CV and customized cover letter for this role.