30+ days ago - req14472
Customer Support Applications - Demo Competency Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Are you a hands-on engineer who wants to work on semiconductor processes as a whole? Can you take a broad view on issues, and then address them in the cleanroom? Then maybe you’re ready for a job that will give you a unique perspective on the semiconductor industry.
Enable ASML and its customers to successfully develop, demonstrate and improve their future semiconductor manufacturing processes. Help ASML improve its service to customers by solving issues seen in previous demonstrations, and expand the company’s knowledge through technical investigations with experts from across ASML and its supplier network. As part of the Demo team based at ASML’s Demolab, you’ll spend around half your time in the cleanroom working with cutting-edge laboratory, wafer processing and metrology equipment.
- Prepare, execute and lead advanced application projects for our customers and other ASML departments
- Run process demonstrations for customers
- Plan, execute, and document technical projects initiated within the Demo team
- Diagnose and solve technical issues in cooperation with specialists from other ASML departments, equipment suppliers and material vendors
- Work with customers, vendors and colleagues on project planning, preparation, execution and after care including, evaluating, analysing and reporting results
- Provide support, training, and assistance to colleagues within ASML
- Maintain close relations with relevant ASML departments to be prepared for future products, technology, analysis techniques etc.
- General administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, documentation and monthly reports
- Work in a two-shift roster (7.00-15.30 and 14.30-23.00) including one weekend in every four (7.00-15.30)
- Possibility to grow into customer-facing, project leader role
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical subject such as applied physics, electronics, chemistry or mechatronics
Experience is not essential as full training will be supplied. However, it would be a plus to have up to 3 years of experience in areas such as
- Precision engineering at the micro- or nano-scale
- Processing and / or metrology in a cleanroom or lab environment
- Semiconductor manufacturing, electronics, flat-panel displays, electronics engineering or chemical engineering
- A hands-on, “roll your sleeves up” attitude
- Strong general technical background with a broad vision
- Customer focused and solution driven
- Good communication skill to convince customers and colleagues
- Enthusiastic team player
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment where every day is different
- Show initiative and can work independentlyExcellent planning skills
- Fluency in (written and spoken) English. Dutch would be considered a "plus"
Context of the position
ASML produces some of the most complex systems in the world for highly demanding customers in the fast-moving semiconductor industry. Our Demolab in Veldhoven, the Netherlands is where customers come to see what our systems can do, and carry out run time for learning and development on new applications. The Demolab team provides process and development support at both the application and operational level for customers at the Demolab. The team is part of the Customer Support Applications Engineering department, which helps our customers make the most effective use of ASML systems in their production set up. Working in the Demo team gives you a unique perspective on the semiconductor industry and the broadest view on what ASML does.
Please submit updated CV and motivation letter for this role.