30+ days ago - req14437
FLEX IT Project Manager
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories, Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
A FLEX IT Project Manager at ASML plans and coordinates all aspects of internal information system-specific projects from initiation to delivery. Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment and the like. Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments. Develops detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints. Projects may vary in number, size and complexity.
- Collaborate with various areas of the organization to provide technical direction on finding solutions to issues
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of the solution
- Interact with customers at the technical level as required
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues
- Manages specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end
- Ensures excellent cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email and other means) to ensure coordination between departments/teams
- May provide advanced management direction to a technical subject matter area
- Creates presentation as required to support internal and external program reviews
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, in applicable field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- At least 5-7 years of experience working as a Project Manager (PM) within an IT department
- Have experience coordinating and communicating globally with many points of contact
- Work 8-5 but must understand they may need to be available to be on global conference calls, etc. whenever they are scheduled in a 24 hour day.
- Have experience working in an IT department in an operations role
- Have experience as a Project Manager who can concept a full plan and carry it through implementation or as they say in IT “from build to run”.
- Be motivated and results oriented – must be able to work independently.
- Experienced in Operations & Infrastructure – specific to servers, storage, data centers and associated network connections when multiple facilities are involved
- Familiar with implementation of software and services within the Cloud
- Possesses very strong skills acquired through advanced training, study and experience.Often knowledge is “self taught” as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist. Typically has 12+ years of direct work experience.
- PMP Certification preferred
Context of the position
- Works on the most complex technical projects or business issues requiring state-of-the-art technical or industry knowledge where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible factors. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Acts independently to determine means of arriving at a solution which is not generally determined by anyone other than the incumbent.Generally provides a leadership role across work groups and may supervise the activities of others.
- Demonstrated project management experience with medium or high complexity projects.Will drive significant projects, programs and business initiatives.Having wide-ranging project management experience, uses professional concepts and proven practices to anticipate, plan, and resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals. Technical Committee review may be required to achieve this level (i.e., barriers to entry may exist).
This is a FLEX (Contract) position.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityRequisition will NOT be posted