30+ days ago - req14521
Engineering IT Services - Application Support Expert PCBA / Connectivity
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
The Electrical Engineering environment at ASML worldwide is used by more than 800 research and development engineers. We are looking for an experienced Application Support Engineer passionate about Electrical Engineering, who likes working in a multidisciplinary environment and who would like to be part of one of the biggest high-tech communities worldwide.
Would you like to be our IT Application Expert who supports our Electrical Engineers to get the most out of their state-of-the-art integrated CAD design tools? Are you experienced with PCBA and connectivity?
We have a job for you!
As an Application Support Expert within the Engineering IT Services (EIS) Hardware group you are responsible for deployment of industry-standard ECAD applications, and for implementing Changes on the IT infrastructure to support ASML’s Research and Development, in particular the electronics designers.
When working as an IT Engineering Application Support Expert at ASML you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and improve your skills in the following domains:
- Focus on Multi-disciplinary Engineering processes and engineering applications
- Supporting engineering infrastructure (Linux/Windows hosting, storage, databases, remote workplaces)
- Building and maintaining expert knowledge on Engineering applications, driving improvements in Way of Working and Engineering efficiency.
- You will work in close cooperation with the internal customer and Solution Team Domain Architect.
You will be part of the EIS hardware team consisting of more than 30 people, with 5 Electrical Engineering Application Support Experts.
- 3rd line support for engineering applications and services, be IT expert for selected IT engineering services.
- Analyze business processes to understand questions from the business.
- Review, select and deploy new (versions of) CAD tools, mainly in the Electrical Engineering area
- Execute non-standard changes and projects for supported Engineering IT Services and related applications according ITIL process.
- Support / take ownership of requests from engineering, and help to solve these requests.
- Participate as technical IT support expert in running projects within the IT team.
- Deliver expert support on IT servicesbased on Windows and Linux;
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of solutions
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
Bachelor level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or Information Technology.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant and proven experience in multi-user, multi-site, multi-platform, multi-software, mixed hardware development environments.
- Advanced knowledge of Pronted Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) and connectivity
- Understanding of both Linux and windows environments.
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is a plus, in particular Electrical Engineering applications.
Understanding and practical experience with:
- Scripting languages (Shell scripting, (bash, csh, ksh, sh), Perl, Python, VBS)
- Programming and development environments
- Unix/Linux server infrastructure
- Windows server infrastructure
- Multiple virtualization techniques
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Team worker, good social skills, service and customer-oriented
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is EIS (Engineering IT Services); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT EIS supports two development disciplines: Hardware (mechanical, electrical, simulation) and Software engineering. As an Application Support Expert you will be active in the Hardware/Electrical Engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager Hardware of the IT EIS department.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
We expect that your application is accompanied by a Motivation Letter indicating why you are interested in this position and why this position is a match with your skills and experience. Applications without a Motivation Letter will automatically get rejected.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.