22 days ago - req14573
Senior Manager Customs Affairs
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Together with her customers and suppliers ASML is heading towards an interesting and challenging era growing today’s company into and beyond 18bE company.
Are you the person that wants to be part this challenge? Are you able to assess business demands against Customs regulations?Do you have the ability to understand complex trade issues and do you enjoy translating those into solutions together with the business? Are you the person who is not only an expert in customs legislation, but is also capable to assess related business risks and define controls that can be shared with stakeholders. Why not join us?
In your role as Senior Manager Customs Affairs you are part of a team of direct tax, indirect tax, export control and customs professionals in an international environment and a presence on three continents. Customs compliance is not only essential to enable the supply chain organization to meet the commitments we made to our customers, but compliance is considered to be one of the core values within ASML.
The job mission of the Senior Manager Customs Affairs is to execute and ensure customs compliance with a strategical and tactical focus while pro-actively supporting ASML and its business partners in the various jurisdictions.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring of the applicable customs laws and regulations in the relevant jurisdictions and assess the relevancy and impact of these changes for ASML
- Pro-actively advice and support ASML’s senior management on customs aspects of business decisions and further increase the value add of the Customs Affairs team
- Together with the other colleagues of the Customs Affairs team, co-develop, maintain, implement and improve policies and guidelines to manage Customs Compliance
- Maintain and improve the framework of controls (tax control framework) that ASML uses to manage and mitigate risks with a focus on the Asian region
- Focus on customs compliance and work closely together with the customs operations team located in the different countries
- Participate in improvement and change projects as subject matter expert, representing the Customs Affairs team
- Stimulate and establish good working relationships at different levels with relevant government agencies, special interest groups and professional network groups
- Represent ASML towards governmental bodies including audits
You have an Academic background (MSc) or similar working experience with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Customs Affairs within a multinational, law firm or a consulting company. In-depth knowledge and experience with relevant Asian customs regulations is an advantage.
You have experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and in multi-cultural teams.
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and drive others, build relationships and influence other functional areas
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing and complex environment, experience with Asian cultures is a pre
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization
- Eye for detail
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
Context of the position
The Senior Manager Customs Affairs is a member of the Customs Affairs team, which is part of the Corporate Tax and Export Controls Department (TEC). The Senior Manager Customs Affairs will be located at the ASML headquarters in Veldhoven and will report to the Global Head of Customs Affairs.
The Senior Manager will work together with the Customs Affairs team in Veldhoven on all customs related topics and projects from a strategical and tactical point of view, and will furthermore focus on the Asian region (China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Malaysia, Japan and Singapore).
This position requires a certain amount oftravel worldwide.
Interested? Please reply with cv and cover letter.