10 days ago - req14588
Sr. Electrical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
An Sr. analog design engineer would be responsible for engineering of analog boards/modules for E-beam metrology tools.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Work with sub-system architect, derive EPS, TPS and EDS for specific analog module
- Design high voltage amplifier with both excellent frequency domain and time domain response for e-beam inspection tools
- Design low noise high precision voltage / current circuits
- Conduct schematic capture, circuit simulation, PCB layout
- Prepare technical documents for module manufacture and release
- Conduct module prototyping, debug, and full function bench test
- Support module level and sub-system level and system level integration
Ph.D. with 3+ years of hands-on experiences, or master with 5+ years hands-on experiences, or bachelor with 8+ years hands-on experiences, in electrical engineering or related fields.
Hands-on experiences of schematic capture, schematic level simulation, PCB layout, PCB level simulation, prototyping, and problem solving. Familiar with test equipment such as multi-meter, SMU, signal / function generator, oscilloscope, signal / spectral analyzer, and network analyzer. The candidate should have the following specific skills or experiences.
- Low noise high voltage / high current/ high power OPA circuit (board level) design and building experiences. OPA application experiences
- Low noise Linear regulator circuit design and building experiences
- Class D amplifier circuit design and building experiences
- High accuracy voltage or current reference circuit (board level) design and building experience.
- High resolution (equal to or greater than 16 bits) ADC and DAC application experience.
- Knowledge of device physics for BJT, JFET and MOSFET for both switch mode and linear operation.
- Knowledge and experience of board level and module level shielding and grounding is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of signal integrity and power integrity is a plus.
- Good team work andStrong communication skills
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability