30+ days ago - req14658
Cymer - Field Service Engineer
In a nutshell
Optical engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper and more energy-efficient microchips. ASML designs, develops, integrate, markets and services these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller and more powerful consumer electronics.
Cymer is an independently operated business within the ASML group that develops, manufactures and services deep-ultraviolet (DUV) light sources. The product portfolio includes excimer lasers using argon fluoride (ArF) or krypton fluoride (KrF) gases to generate light in the deep-ultraviolet spectrum. These lasers generate the light that photolithography scanners use to image patterns on silicon wafers. The research, development and manufacturing of DUV light sources is centered in San Diego, U.S.A.
The Cymer Field Service Engineer provides onsite field service support mainly through the performance of installations and de-installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital laser equipment and systems. The Field Service Engineer troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.He/she acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Work is to be performed in a 2-shift work schedule covering Monday to Friday between 08:00 am - 11:30 pm and weekend on-call/call-out.
- Analyzes, diagnoses and troubleshoots Cymer equipment problems mostly at the customer site or via telephone;
- Performs installations and de-installations, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites, with a main work basis in Veldhoven;
- Regularly provides assistance, guidance, leadership and technical assistance to junior or less experienced engineers, may serve as site leader for customer;
- Maintains and manages an assigned installation equipment base. This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings and ensuring regular communication with the customer;
- Assists customers in the receipt, installation and testing of company equipment;
- Conducts equipment troubleshooting, analysis and debugging in support of installation or operating activities;
- Provides service education to customer’s service and operations staff;
- Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements;
- Maintains appropriate tools are on hand and as required;
- Some travels as required for the purposes of technical training and performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other Cymer Field Service Engineers;
- Completes service, expense reports and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with the company’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval;
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Technical Bachelor’s degree, for example: Electronics, Optics, Mechatronics or Physics.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience is preferred, of which a minimum of 1 years’ experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment;
- Able to work for 90% of the time in a Cleanroom environment;
- Laser and vacuum experience preferred;
- Advanced level of technical knowledge of electronics;
- Has performed multiple on-site installations;
- Ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic schematics;
- Requires experience using the following software packages: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LabView, Internet Protocol and Computer Networking.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports and to communicate technical issues to other technical staff;
- Ability to collect, translate and analyze data and take action based on effectively report problems though written and/or graphical representation of data (detailed Post-Mortem Chronological Abstracts, trending analysis, failure statistics, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills, with a solid foundation and an understanding of the importance of relationship building;
- Ability to facilitate resolution of technical challenges;
- Ability to apply knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair and troubleshooting at both the module and system level, while seeking expertise of more senior field service engineers where required.
Context of the position
Expect a dynamic and enthusiastic working environment, where flexibility, drive and initiatives are highly valued. Work is performed in a 2-shift work schedule. The Field Service Engineer reports to the Site Operations Manager, Field Service and the primary work location is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.