18 days ago - req14617
Operations Project Lead
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionThe Operations Project Lead is responsible for the planning and execution of the facility interfaces toward EUV Source systems in San Diego. In this role you will use resources from San Diego Factory, Manufacturing Integration team and other support organizations to meet established output targets.The Factory Preparation Lead is a technical lead for one or more areas of responsibility within Manufacturing in San Diego.The person who will fill this role must possess knowledge of systems engineering methodology with a history of successfully driving delivery of complex products, be responsible for developing project plans for his/her areas of responsibility in support of San Diego Factory and internal and external customers’ needs.With the project plan aligned with stakeholders, the person must be able to define deliverables and estimate completion times to drive execution.In addition, the project leader must be able to form a vision, provide leadership, and manage stakeholders.The candidate will adhere to and help improve the processes established at ASML. Also, the candidate will support the manager of Manufacturing Integration in his effort to strengthen the technical competencies and capabilities of the group, and is expected to become a recognized leader for the areas of his/her responsibility within the global ASML OPS organization. ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
Job DescriptionProject Planning Phase:
- Manage the installation of facilities in the San Diego Factory.
- Define and maintain safety protocols and standard operating procedures and review with line management.
- Decompose installation requirements for Facility Management to enable a successful install
- Provide project planning with pre-defined milestones to the manager.
- Convey key milestones to team members (ASML & 3rd party) and coordinate activities to achieve on-time completion.
- Define and drive training and skills requirements
- Define capital budget needs and drive for approvals
Project Execution Phase:
- Interface with stakeholder/supplier providing installation updates and coordinate activities with project team.
- Effectively communicate complex installation and technical details to stakeholders.
- Ensure the agreed escalation process is executed.
- Take the lead in escalations that are beyond control of operators, and implement methods and actions that prevent them from recurring.
- Ensure that follow-up actions on reported issues and are on track.
- Provide feedback during and at the end of the installation that will enhance future installations, taking costs and cycle time into account.
- Provide performance feedback to line management.
- Coach the team members in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Review the execution phase with the team members on a regular basis.
- Maintain budget and expenses
- Manage 3rd-party suppliers
Project Reporting Phase:
- Daily reporting on project status during the upgrade.
- Provide presentations and reports as required to update stakeholders with plans and progresses, identify risks and opportunities, and support key decision points.
- Manage stakeholders to drive priority based on project goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor or higher degree in engineering, physics, applied sciences, or equivalent.
- Experience with complex system integration.
- Experience with engineering activities for improving industrialization aspects of products such as automation, diagnostics, sequence optimization and cycle time reduction, MTTR reduction, cost of ownership reduction, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of electronics, industrial processes, and relevant software.Knowledge of safety procedures required.
- Ability to search, listen, and recognize company and customers’ needs, and translate into project plans and requirements.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Demonstrated sustained drive for results
- Possess knowledge and experience in capital equipment product development.
- Possess time management skills.
- Well organized in tracking project and task progresses.
- Experience in a challengingenvironment with high tech products and complex processes.
Proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, ability to influence, motivate, coach and lead. Excellent negotiation and decision making skills.
Context of the position
- The Operations Project Lead will provided management support to operations engineering group by managing operational strategies with respect to Facility Management deliverables
- Applies data analysis techniques including statistical process control and six sigma methodologies to resolve issues that adversely affect manufacturing in areas of capacity, quality, compliance and cost
- Manages key performance indicators to measure performance and effectiveness
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability