30+ days ago - req14633
Senior Design Engineer YieldStar In-Device Metrology
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mathematics, Electrical engineering
We are Applications – a business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create application products that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
The Applications Development & Engineering department develops, integrates, and qualifies functional modules and application packages in the area of wafer metrology and wafer fab applications (performance control applications). Additionally, we provide technical consulting to our customers, by designing and helping to implement integral solutions for on-product performance based on the products developed by ASML.
As member of a strong multidisciplinary team you enjoy developing application products used in daily customer practice. These products relates to metrology solutions to be used in R&D and in high-volume manufacturing conditions.
The job includes collecting customer functional requirements, detailing the design of the product, co-develop technical and mathematical content with software engineering teams, and functional verification of the product.
You will work in close collaboration with the customer, our development partners, and internal stakeholders.
You deal with various challenging topics, covering a wide variety of competences such as semiconductor processing, electronic device architecture, scatterometry, mathematical algorithms, machine learning and optimization, ASML application products.
An important part of the role is a strong interest in working in small teams (AGILE SCRUM way-of-working).
You are expected to represent ASML as an expert in the field and to get recognition of this by the customers. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to give input to product managers and system engineers for ASML product improvements.
The job consists of following activities:
- Design, develop, evaluate and test In Device Metrology products.
- Perform data analysis with models and algorithms on customer data.
- Create functional design proposals for improving the metrology performance.
- Help implementing and executing the proposal at the customer.
- Participate actively in identifying future product features.
- Traveling a few times per year to customers worldwide is part of the job.
- Your initial responsibilities will be adapted to your experience level. In case of little experience, adequate training will be provided for enabling development to senior engineer level.
Master degree or PhD in Physics, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering, with a solid background in some of the following fields: semiconductor process technology, semi-conductor device physics, knowledge of the customer fab environment, statistics, data analysis, design for experiment, scatterometry, machine learning and optimization
- 2-3 years of experience in an industrial research & development semiconductor process or metrology organization is a prerequisite
- You should first of all be passionate about technology and should be excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- You should be analytical, product and quality-oriented.
- You like to investigate issues, you are creative in solving problems and you do not fear to present your solutions.
- You are open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You are a role model for your team and they trust your technical as well as interpersonal and coaching skills.
- You take ownership and you support your team, you are the backbone of your group.
- You are client and quality oriented – you do not settle for second best solutions, but you strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The Business Line Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology for extendibility and improved efficiency of lithography products.
The holder of this position reports to the YieldStar In-Device Metrology group manager, interacts with a project and a team leader and operates within multi-disciplinary engineering teams.