11 days ago - req14634
YieldStar In-Device Metrology Integration Cluster Architect
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
We are Applications – a business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in lithography technology. We create application products that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible. The Applications Development & Engineering department develops, integrates, and qualifies functional modules and application packages in the area of wafer metrology and wafer fab applications. Additionally, we provide technical consulting to our customers, by designing and helping to implement integral solutions for on-product performance.
As member of a strong multidisciplinary team you enjoy developing application products used in daily customer practice. These products relates to metrology solutions to be used in R&D and in high-volume manufacturing conditions.
As Integration Cluster Architect (ICA) you are responsible for the design, budget breakdown and verification at system level of our in-device metrology product features.
You lead a team of Functional Cluster Architects and you are the Development & Engineering sparring partner of the System Engineer. As part of your everyday activity, you will work in close collaboration with the different development engineers and other internal stakeholders such as project leaders, development managers, group leaders.
You deal with various challenging topics, covering a wide variety of competences such as semiconductor processing, metrology, scatterometry, mathematical algorithms, machine learning and optimization, ASML application products.
You are expected to represent ASML as an expert in the field and to get recognition of this by the customers. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to give input to product managers and system engineers for ASML product improvements.
The tasks of the job are:
- Identify technical solutions using In-Device Metrology (IDM) budgets across the whole YieldStar machine
- Lead technical discussion across multiple Functional Clusters Architects
- Verify and validate system performance; Assess system performance interdependencies
- Develop and maintain IDM models and customer use-cases
- Determine and contribute to feasibility studies and maintain Integration Cluster roadmap; Turn results of feasibility studies into design decision
- Define means and methods to verify performance budget;
- Drive and contribute to issue resolution at system level
- Approve solution and validate test & customer impact
- Act as an escalation channel for Functional Cluster Architects and engineers.
- Initial responsibilities will be adapted to the experience level of the candidate. In case of need,a rotating assignment will be created for the first few months to allow the candidate to hit the ground running when fully covering the Integration Cluster Architect role.
Master degree or PhD in Physics, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering, with a solid background in some of the following technical fields: metrology, optics, scatterometry, semiconductor process technology, semiconductor device physics, statistics, data analysis
Experience- 8-12 years of experience in a related technical leadership position.
- You have strong leadership skills and you have experience in leading successful technical teams composed by architects
- You are a networker and are able to adapt your communication style to stakeholders at different level
- You are passionate about technology and should be excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- You should be analytical, product and quality-oriented.
- You like to investigate issues, you are creative in solving problems and you do not fear to present your solutions.
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You are a role model for your team and they trust your technical as well as interpersonal and coaching skills.
- You take ownership and you support your team, you are the backbone of your group.
- You are client and quality oriented – you do not settle for second best solutions, but you strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The Business Line Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology for extendibility and improved efficiency of lithography products.
The holder of this position reports to the YieldStar In-Device Metrology group manager, interacts with a project and a team leader and operates within multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
Semiconductor device processing, metrology, overlay, scatterometry (OCD), lithography, process control, data analysis, mathematics, Matlab, R&D