11 days ago - req14789
Competence Engineer Contamination Control (EUV Factory)
Chemistry & materials science
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Chemistry & materials science, Physics, Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
The contamination control competence operates as the primary authority on contamination control related topics in ASML Operations and Order Fulfilment. The complete production process of the most advanced lithography machines takes place within this sector.
The scope of the work includes supporting and advising the factory and production engineering department, initiating and driving structural improvement projects, quality management and process optimization, and providing ad-hoc support.
The candidate will develop the required contamination control expertise on the job, but should have affinity with working in and supporting a production environment.
- Deliver timely and professional engineering support on contamination control related issues and questions. The competence acts as a primary point of contact for internal customers such as engineers, technicians and designers.
- Drive part of our contamination control assessment program of ASML manufacturing, delivering improvement proposals to our production line, and assisting them with implementation.
- Structurally improve ongoing and new contamination control processes in terms of quality, safety, or cycle time.
- Ensure work preparation for contamination control processes meets required standards.
- Participate in cross disciplinary issues resolution and improvement projects.
- Interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, such as our development department and supply chain, at a broad range of levels.
- Provide theoretical and practical training.
- Build-up and maintain state-of-art knowledge in the field of contamination control technology.
BSc degree in an Engineering degree or equivalent (Preferably in Applied Science or Chemical Engineering).
3-8 years of working experience in a manufacturing/factory environment. Knowledge on the following topics is preferred:
- Knowledge of Cleanroom technology.
- Knowledge of clean way of working and clean production processes.
- Knowledge of inspection, cleaning and contamination measurement methods.
- Experience with sharing knowledge and cross-training.
- Experience with executing audits or assessments.
- Basic knowledge of Lean manufacturing.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, particularly in presenting challenging technical content in an accessible way to employees at different organization levels.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Takes initiative, pro-active mindset.
- Quality driven.
- Generalist/“helicopter” view, with the ability to structure and focus on own work.
- Willing to occasionally travel abroad.
- A drive to work in a large organization.
- Team player, willing to be flexible to support team members.
- Fluent in English.
Context of the position
The position is in the Facility Engineering group, part of EUV Production Support. The Production Support department is responsible for first class engineering support to ASML.