18 days ago - req14713
Computer systems hardware acceleration lead Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering
Are you challenged by accelerating high performance computational models? Do you have a Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Computer Sciences or equivalent and an affinity with heterogenous computing, embedded software and a strong mathematics background? Are you able to give technical direction to designers and architects in different departments? We might be looking for you!
As a Hardware Acceleration Lead Engineer you will be the linking pin between software-, hardware- and application departments. You will assist the efficient development of hardware software co-solutions optimizing for machine performance and computational model execution, cost of goods and development time. You will bring in and build up competence on the efficient use of different modern hardware architectures such as CPU, GPU and FPGA. You will establish a cross department way of working to efficiently design applications for the best fitting computer architecture.
The Hardware Acceleration Lead Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Participate as an Electronic Development (EL) representative in a multidisciplinary design team of hardware, software and algorithm experts
- Be the main point of contact for and manage the cooperation with different hardware accelerator suppliers
- Participate in component selection for hardware acceleration and contribute to the computer systems roadmap
- Develop and maintain a workflow from algorithm to efficient software-hardware co-implementation
- Advise software application owners and hardware platform designers on modern hardware architectures
- Be the owner of the Hardware Acceleration Competence and take part in other related competence groups
- Supervise one or more study projects.
Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience or affinity with High Performance Computing, Heterogenous Computing and/or Embedded Systems
- Broad technical knowledge of: computer architectures (CPU x86/ARM, GPU, FPGA), embedded software, algorithms, modeling of physical processes
- Experience with several of the following: C/C++, CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP, MATLAB, High Level Synthesis (HLS), Vectorization, AVX, Multi-core programming, Linux, VHDL
- Experience in a coordinating or lead role
- Experience or affinity with research and being able to translate research to practice.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills
- Ability to give technical direction to designers and architects in different departments
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical and problem solving mindset
- Able to maintain a helicopter view of complex, multi department projects
- Pro-active and pragmatic attitude
- Takes ownership in case of issues
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient).
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EL) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules within these products. Within EL the Hardware Acceleration Competence is responsible for assisting designers (from software and metrology departments) with hardware-efficient software implementations that can run on the available hardware in the machine (CPUs, GPUs and FPGAs).
The Hardware Acceleration Lead Engineer will report to the group leader Computer Systems Electronics (CSE).
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.