30+ days ago - req14761
Physical Security System Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionIn your role as Physical Security System Engineer you willmanage, program, monitor, control and audit physical security systems (e.g. access control / video surveillance) for the ASML San Diego campus. The Physical Security System Engineer will be a technical consultant of the senior leadership, security managers and physical security operators for ASML US and worldwide. Will also be guidance expert on information security.
As the Physical Security System Engineer your challenge is to determine the most efficient use of existing systems and if necessary expand them. Improve the use and follow up of security maintenance reporting. Analysis and ensure a cost effective security approach.
Job DescriptionKey areas of responsibility (information and physical security related):
- Coach and support operators, security managers and contractors worldwide to embed local skills;
- Monitor overall system availability and performance to secure agreed uptime levels;
- Audit security operators and installers worldwide to ensure compliancy;
- Responsible to report on system performance to identify bottlenecks and issues;
- Provide event / incident reports on security systems in case of security incidents;
- Manage system configurations(e.g. clearance codes / system programming);
- Interface for IT environment and Service Level Agreement.
- Bachelor’s degree, IT or related,Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in physical security projects / maintenance, including complex IT topics for physical security systems.
- CPP, CISSP certifications a plus!
- Monitor and maintain system health which includes database and application servers.
- Test, program, and troubleshoot access control and digital video systems.
- Support the Install of a complete Access ControlManagement system (software and hardware).
- Assist in the design and customization of Access Control Management system to support ASML security management policy.
- Mentor, coach and support ASML security manager, contractors and technicians globally.
- Troubleshoot system/network related issues
- Travel 25% - 30%, domestic and international.
- Document and maintain system architecture and parameters specific to ASML Security policy.
- Work in compliance with the ASML Safety standards and requirements; with the safety of self and others in mind at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, flexible mentality, good interpersonal skills, get the job done work ethic.
Context of the positionThe physical security department creates, owns and deploys reliable physical security solutions, to optimize ASML’s resilience to internal and external risks, in order to protect ASML’s physical assets.
We do this by designing and implementing (by supplier) electronic measures like access control systems, intrusion detection and video surveillance. We write user requirements for ASML premises (buildings & terrain) based on risk assessments. User requirements contain demands on electronic measures (e.g. IT based security systems & lighting), building hardening, site hardening and organizational measures (e.g. security emergency guards & security control room).
The Physical Security competence team is a small team and part of the department Corporate Information Security Office (CISO) organization.
Together with a no-nonsense attitude we are covering the whole world with respect to the work-life balance. We are an informal team that supports personal growth, training on the job and regular education.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability