30+ days ago - req14846
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Are you looking for a challenging position in which you drive Diagnostic solutions to enable our Service Engineers to reach Operational Excellence at our customer and define Customer Service requirements for the future? Then this might be your next job opportunity.
You will act as engineer for diagnostic service development; you will be responsible for driving diagnostic requirements and their implementation. You will need to master the complexity of designing for service in a unique and highly demanding environment where performance, availability and costs are the major driving forces. Since service is a labor intensive activity, implementing organizational changes and gauging human aspects are key components as well.
In addition to excellent analytical skills, you will need communication skills – to convince, motivate and inspire colleagues across multiple sectors working in different continents that are charged with implementing your requirements for process, software, organization and supporting infrastructure improvements. You will use diagnostic knowledge to drive efficiency, cost reduction, continuous improvement, and knowledge management. You will also need to be a good listener and negotiator in order to effectively engage and motivate stakeholders.
As a Service Design Diagnostic Engineer you are responsible for the definition and verification of new Diagnostic deliverables such that these can be used and maintained in accordance with CS requirements and integrated in our service operations framework.
As a specific assignment you will work on enabling the diagnostic and monitoring strategyto improve the diagnostic capabilities of the field teams in the context of our ASML products that become more and more complex.
- Contributing to the diagnostic process and product performance verification and qualification.
- Responsible for technical review of project deliverables.
- Issue support is given to both internal (CS, Production Engineering, Marketing) and external customers.
- Identify structural improvements for the design of ASML products and estimate their impact on CS operation
- Identify structural improvements for the Diagnostic service mix (process, means, and methods)
- Integrate the new diagnostic way of working into the field operation’s workflow.
- Generate requirements and insights for new diagnostic break tough.
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers and CS central in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer.
- Deploy and manage a global diagnostic network which support standardization of best known methods across all our field offices worldwide.
Your interfaces are within the sector CS with HVM and NPI Program Management, the CS Field Organization, Central Field Support, and cross sector, with Development & Engineering (D&E) and the Factories (TF and EF). You are a member of the CS Service Baseline Development Diagnostics group and have every day contacts with your colleagues in the group, project teams, Field, D&E, and Factory.
Master degree in technical science (Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Chemistry, Process technology, data science etc.) or equivalent experience is desired.
Preferably at least 3 years of work experience in high tech engineering environment.
- Eagerness to learn, expand your skill set and knowledge
- Quick learner
- High stress-tolerance.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Helicopter view;
- Flexible but result driven;
- Experience with change management
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment.
- Good verbal and writing skills in English
- The following skills are not a pre-requisite but provide advantage:
Context of the position
CS Service Baseline Development team supports the Customer Support Management Team in realizing their vision and strategy through the definition of diagnostic roadmaps, building blocks, and projects for processes, software, organization and supporting infrastructure. We own and drive the CS diagnostic requirements for ASMLproducts.
The holder of the lead diagnostic engineer position reports to the group leader of CS Service Baseline Development Diagnostics and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Willing to travel, several times per year (USA, Europe, Asia), max. 20% of the time.
Please add your complete, recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.