21 days ago - req14826
IT Data Services Intern (Summer 2020)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
No experience (Student)
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States. We are currently recruiting for internships located at our office in San Diego, CA (EUV laser source creation).
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster, chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Internship Project Objective & Scope:
- Contribute to the development and improvement of data integration of business critical platforms and development processes.
- Work within the US IT Data Services team focused on the operation, enhancement, and integration of business critical data sources to deliver enhancements and accelerate the implementation of new requests or enhancements.
- Work with data virtualization platform
- Work with test automation framework to build and implement automated tests for the data pipelines
- Junior or Senior undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Supply Chain, ComputerScience, Data Integration or Engineering..
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Knowledgeof open source or commercial data integration tools (Microsoft SQL ServerIntegration Services (SSIS), Informatica, SAP Business Integration,TalenD, Sqoop, Kafka, etc.)
- Knowledge of structured andunstructured content and databases / repositories (Microsoft SQL Server,Cloudera Hadoop, NoSQL)
- Expertise in buildingapplications in any programming language.
- Knowledge of OperationalExcellence and Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing.
- Familiar with softwaredevelopment and data architecture concepts.
- Expertise with open source or commercial data integration tools (Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica, SAP Business Integration, TalenD, Sqoop, Kafka, etc.)
- Expertise with agile and development pipeline including test automation frameworks (Jira, Jenkins, Cucumber, etc.)
- Expertise with statistical computing and graphics programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Familiar with software development and data architecture concepts
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time
- Have strong English written and oral communicative skills
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills
- Possess a creative mind in order to find novel design solutions
- Have strong problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others
Context of the position
Contribution to Cymer:
- Supportgrowing business demand for enhancements in process improvement, leanmanufacturing, data integration in business critical data platformsincreasing team output
- Help adopt process aware datawarehousingto complement and potentially enhance our currentbusiness processes
Benefit/Experience for Intern:
- Work with diverse types and large volumes of data from a high-tech discreet manufacturing and global customer support operations in the leading edge of semiconductor fabrication.
- Engage with a range of business unit and corporate stakeholders to understand real-world processes, the underlying business data, and tackle opportunities for existing and new business challenges through data correlation and visualization.
- Relocation assistance and/or housing is not provided for these internships.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability