21 days ago - req14827
IT Data Virtualization Intern (Summer 2020)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
No experience (Student)
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As an IT Data Visualization & Integration Intern (Summer 2020), you will engage with business clients and collaborate with the IT BAS US Data Services team to implement or enhance data integration flows with our data virtualization platform (Denodo) in order to supplement team capacity and meet growing Cymer Light Source business demand for data integration in business critical platforms.You will gain awareness and understanding of how data can be leveraged and handled improve decision making and address business questions.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Internship Project Objective & Scope:
- Contribute to the development and improvement of data integration of business critical platforms and development processes.
- Work within the US IT Data Services team focused on the operation, enhancement, and integration of business critical data sources to deliver enhancements and accelerate the implementation of new requests or enhancements.
- Work with data virtualization platform (Denodo)
- Work with test automation framework to build and implement automated tests for the data pipelines
- Junior or Senior undergraduate or graduate student majoring on Data Integration and Engineering.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above
Intern Qualifications/Experience Desired:
- Current Junior/Senior undergraduate OR graduate student majoring in Data Integration or Data Engineering with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Expertise with open source or commercial data integration tools (Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica, etc.) .
- Expertise with structured content and databases / repositories (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Expertise with agile and development pipeline including test automation frameworks (Jira, Jenkins,Cucumber, etc.).
- Familiar with data impact analysis, software development practices, and data architecture concepts.
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills.
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a creative mind in order to find novel design solutions.
- Have strong problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others.
Context of the position
Contribution to Cymer:
- Support growing business demand for enhancements in data integration in business critical data platforms increasing team output.
- Support defining and enforcing data virtualization best practices in regards to development and operations.
- Help adopt testing automation to complement and potentially enhance manual testing processes
Benefit/Experience for Intern:
- Work with diverse types and large volumes of data from a high-tech discreet manufacturing and global customer support operations in the leading edge of semiconductor fabrication.
- Engage with a range of business unit and corporate stakeholders to understand real-world processes, the underlying business data, and tackle opportunities for existing and new business challenges through data correlation and visualization.
- Relocation assistance and/or housing is not provided for these internships.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability