Projects, Programs and Change
In a nutshell
Projects, Programs and Change
Other non-technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
If you want to be part of a high performing team with a focus on structural improvements, let us know you are the person we are looking for! Apply now as a PMO Officer at ASML.
Within ASML the Program Management Office (PMO) optimizes business value in project, program and portfolio management execution to strengthen ASML’s competitive position. Our mission is to drive world-class project, program and portfolio management across our Business Lines and Research & Development.
Watch the video below to learn more about ASML and the advanced systems we produce: ASML IN 1 MINUTE
Role and responsibilities
PMO is positioned as an independent team member of a business team that is responsible for the development or maintenance & improvement of our state-of-the-art lithography machines.
As PMO Officer, you are responsible for:
- Challenging the triple constraint as a recognized business partner, to optimize business value
- Driving effective decision making on all levels
- Implementing and improving project (program) standards and processes, e.g. related to project planning, financial management, product generation process, reporting, change control, risk management and quality
- Providing guidance during the financial forecasting (budget) process and proactively assisting regular financial management and reporting
- Pro-actively connecting, enabling and challenging all stakeholders
- Growing people and team competences of PMO and ASML’s Project Management community, e.g. by driving, participating, leading & implementing cross-PMO improvement projects
- And last but definitely not least, creating winning teams by living our values and building capabilities for the future.
Education and experience
To be successful in the role of PMO Officer and to help us tackle the challenges we face you have:
- A Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Project Management, Engineering or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5-8 years working experience as project/program/portfolio management (PMO) expert or practical experience as a project manager in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience with implementation of change and improvement projects or ability to do so.
- Experience with MS Projects / Enterprise Projects or similar tool.
- Preferably experience in an Agile/SAFe environment.
- Excellent communicator, being able to influence without hierarchical power, and creative in managing a large and diverse range of stakeholders
- Maintains personal effectiveness and people focus under pressure, high speed of change and uncertainty
- Ability to guide, coach and advise at all organizational levels to effect sustainable change and improving the project and process maturity level of the organization
- Team player, enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently
- Takes ownership, gets things done and pro-actively drives for improvement
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential as a PMO Officer. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most importantly a chance to be part of progress. For more information feel free to take a look at our labor conditions and development opportunities.
The role of PMO Officer is a full-time position (40 hours). Working part-time is negotiable as long as you're available for at least 32 hours.
Are you interested in the role of PMO Officer? Please apply with your CV and cover letter, detailing your motivation for this position.
Want to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.