7 days ago - req14834
Senior Technical Trainer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
We enable the creation and advancement of tomorrow’s microchips.
We train Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) lithography equipment service engineers on Cymer’s quickly evolving leading edge EUV light source sub-systems.To support the top semi-conductor companies (ASML customers) in the world with ensuring their systems are available 24/7, we train EUV light source principles, system functionality, and preventive and corrective service actions.We partner with our training colleagues in Veldhoven to design and develop performance based instructor and web-based training programs which incorporate the most relevant technical procedures and equipment recovery processes.
The Global Training Team is a driving force in maximizing system performance and availability for ASML’s customers, paving the way to bringing smaller and faster microchips which enhance all electronic equipment utilized in everyday life.
Senior Trainers are hands-on experts on the vacuum vessel, heating and gas systems, and associated metrology which allow and monitor the production of EUV light.They are expected to directly support the ADDIE Instructional Systems Design model of curriculum development, then deliver performance based equipment training programs to culturally and technically diverse audiences from around the world.
Senior Trainers primarily work in the training facility training their students while operating and maintaining EUV light source equipment.During a shift, they are expected to prepare their classrooms and students for learning, deliver classroom and lab based training, maintain their equipment and tools, and provide feedback to students.They also conduct daily and weekly administrative duties to track student progress and provide feedback on curriculum quality.
- Conducts onsite and remote training for ASML’s internal and external customers
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) defined in instructional development plans
- Examples include, but are not limited to: EUV Source Vessel, Seed Table, Plasma Qualification, Safety, and other training as required
- Uses vetted technical procedures as designed to suit system configuration needs
- Uses knowledge and performance testing and other evaluation methods to measure trainee progress and effectiveness of training
- Reports on progress of trainees during training periods.
- Represents department as a Criterion Referenced Instruction (CRI) and/or Performance Based Equipment Training (PBET) expert
- Participates in needs analysis to determine training needs
- Designs new product training; determines training delivery methods
- Develops instructor led training lessons
- Selects or develops teaching aids
- Reviews and revises released product training for technical accuracy and relevance
- Provides input towards design of training to improve effectiveness
- Uses rapid development tools such as Articulate, Adobe, and Techsmith to develop interactive, computer-based, asynchronous training products
- Prepares storyboards and screen captures and audio/video recordings
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on training equipment and tools
- Worldwide travel up to 20% up to two weeks (continuous) at a time - Based out of San Diego
- Collaboratively Interacts and works in a team environment effectively and efficiently
- Must be able to support shift work; 24 hours x 7 day environment; any shift, any day
- Performs other duties as assigned
BS degree in Technology, Engineering or Physics
- Training credential in work force education, technical field and/or equivalent experience and education
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in technical training
- Ability to deliver clear and effective technical instruction to a broad range of ESL audiences
- Demonstrated ability to determine and effectively report trainee performance opportunities
- Proficient in electronic, electrical, gas and/or mechanical engineering systems theory
- Capable of operating and maintaining electronic, optical and mechanical systems
- Ability to utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters
- Ability to read, interpret and adhere to engineering specifications, technical procedures and other pertinent engineering documents
- Intermediate to advanced level arithmetic in the compilation and analysis of basic quantitative information
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through spoken, written and/or graphical formats
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional systems design
- Demonstrated ability to create story boards that reflect incremental information transfer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
- Proficient use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems
- Must be able to work in a complex, fast paced, highly dynamic, collaborative and flexible environment
- Must be able to work in a multi-functional and multi-cultural environment
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability