18 days ago - req14965
Design Engineer Position Sensors
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Physics, Mechatronics
Sub-nanometer stage positioning is critical for ASML machines and is enabled by our stage position sensors. We are looking for a designer who can contribute to the realization of these stage position sensors.
The Stage Position Measurement (SPM) group within the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the interferometer and encoder based position measurement systems. We contribute to NPI projects (new product introduction) and Installed Base Products & Services (IBPS) in the DUV business line.
For the newly developed systems we are responsible for the specification, design, integration and qualification of our position measurement systems. These developments are done in close cooperation with specialized measurement system suppliers outside of ASML.
For the installed base systems in our factory and at our customers we are responsible for escalation support, structural issue resolution and delivering improvements.
We're searching for a designer to strengthen our SPM DUV team. You will be involved in all phases of our product design: from feasibility, development and integration to supporting the sustainment of our installed base.
- You will design functionality for our position measurement systems using e.g. Matlab simulations or tolerance analyses. This will result in hardware requirements and requirements for driver and calibration software.
- You will closely collaborate with software, mechanical and electronics development teams and external suppliers.
- You like to investigate complex issues related to our measurement systems and work together with other ASML teams to define containments and structural solutions.
- You will perform functional tests of hardware and software improvements by doing simulations, or running tests on Twinscan systems.This involves analyzing generated test data using Matlab and documenting the results.
- You will be working in a young, enthusiastic team with a nice atmosphere, where we also pay attention to non-work related activities.
University, Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics, Control), (Applied) Physics or (Applied) Mathematics
- 3 to 7 years development experience
- Preferred: Experience with (optical) sensors or more specifically interferometers
- Strong in mathematics
- Matlab for data analysis and simulation
- Team player
- Pragmatic with result oriented attitude
- Takes the initiative
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills and excellent command of English language
- Can adapt quickly to changing scope and/or circumstances
Context of the position
The BM DE Sensors department is responsible for the development and maintenance of all sensors for all DUV systems.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.