4 days ago - req14965
Designer Stage Position Measurement
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Physics, Mechatronics
Sub-nanometer stage positioning is critical for ASML’s machines. As a designer you contribute to the best design for our lithography machines. Do you have affinity with optical sensors or more specifically interferometers? Then this job might be interesting for you!
The Stage Position Measurement (SPM) group within the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of interferometer and encoder based position measurement systems in a range of ASML products. These systems are mostly developed in close cooperation with specialized measurement system suppliers outside ASML. Optics, mechanics, electronics, mathematical models and software for calibration and diagnostics are key elements of such a system. As an SPM designer you will be involved in all phases of the product lifetime: feasibility, development, integration and sustaining the installed base.
We're searching for a designer to strengthen our DUV team. You will need to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in several of the following activities:
- Deliver D&E (Development and Engineering) troubleshooting support for systems in our own factory and for systems at the customer in close collaboration with teams from manufacturing support and customer support.
- Investigate complex structural issues in the SPM system and work on a solution by collaborating with software, mechanical and electronics development teams.
- Perform functional tests of hardware and software improvements by doing simulations or running tests on a Twinscan system. Analyze the measurement data using Matlab and document obtained results.
- Design and specify interferometer and encoder position systems, their hardware and software components (calibrations, mathematical algorithms) and their interfaces to the machine. These specifications serve as the input for suppliers and mechanical, electrical and software designers.
University, Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics, Control), (Applied) Physics or (Applied) Mathematics
- 0 to 5 years development experience
- Preferred: Experience with (optical) sensors or more specifically interferometers
Matlab for data analysis and simulation
- Flexible, committed and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Pragmatic and result oriented attitude
- Excellent analytical thinker and fast learner
- Takes the initiative, is creative and is willing to learn
- Can adapt quickly to changing scope and/or circumstances
- Excellent spoken and written command of the English language.
- Strong communication skills, knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable way.
Context of the position
The BM DE Sensors department is responsible for the development and maintenance of all sensors for all EUV systems.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.