10 days ago - req15021
Algorithm and Software Integration Team Lead
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Physics
Are you a networker, and - having the overview - you like to keep track of the details ? Do you enjoy the combination of leading a project, and contributing with your strong coding abilities and algorithmic expertise ? Are you energized by working with a small team of strong experts on software development, maths and algorithms, and in-depth machine learning ?
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the development, specification and design of new ASML products. The Business Line Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology. These solutions extend and improve the performance of lithography and patterning products for the semiconductor industry.
Within D&E Applications, theAlgorithms and Physical Modeling group covers the development of models and methods required to infer physical model parameters from optical scatterometry data. Relevant new metrics, as well as new measurement functions, with optimum performance characteristics using the raw acquisitions are identified, designed and implemented, with short lines to the SW teams. The group secures the ASML Competency of Applied Mathematics for Parameter Estimation.
- Lead small team of experts that operates at the interface of algorithmic development and SW implementation for high-volume manufacturing semiconductor industry.
- Robust SW coding, refactoring for code quality improvements, and code integration, at the interface of MATLAB / Python and C#, and propose solutions for YieldStar in-device metrology (IDM).
- Plan, keep track and have the overview over the monthly deliveries, while being aware of the details, strictly aligned with neighboring projects. With this, drive of fully functional sub-systems and their integration, and hereby, contribute to the IDM products for B2B customers world-wide.
- Communicate crystal clearly on project status, code integration, data pipelines, and algorithm solutions to stakeholders, without omitting the essentials.
- Review technical analyses from the team, and structure team contributions keeping the overview.
- Consolidate technical-team identity in communication with other teams, groups and departments.
- Working as a team with similar-minded people, benefitting from each other’s specific competences.
MSc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Applied Mathematics
- Ability to explain complex SW and data-pipeline solutions in a crisp way, without omitting the essentials
- Excellence in stable code development
- Strong affinity with algorithms, mathematics, machine-learning techniques, and feeling for the physics of metrology
- Affinity or experience with Cloud development (Google, Azure, AWS), data pipeline architectures is a plus
- Open communicator, networker
- Decisive and self-initiating in an ambiguous environment
- Team worker, and ability to influence without power
- Pro-active attitude driving structural and effective solutions, with the bigger picture of the product in mind
- Strong drive for design for manufacturability with result focus and a ‘can do’ spirit
Context of the position
This position is available withinAlgorithms and Physical Modeling group, which is part of On Product Performance department.
Keywords: project lead, algorithms, mathematics, machine learning, metrology, robust software, code pipeline, data pipeline architecture, Big Data, cloud development, MATLAB, Python, C#, GIT, JIRA, Bitbucket.