30+ days ago - req15116
Architect Overlay Reference & Control
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
If you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others - then the ASML Overlay Reference and Control group, providing overlay reference to all ASML scanners, is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
ASML builds lithography systems that can place multiple layers on a chip with very high precision (overlay). The overlay accuracy demand is determined by design of the chip. To setup systems for overlay special “rulers” are needed. These rulers are called Overlay reference wafers and reticles. To make them, position of marks on the wafers is determined with the accuracy of 0.3nm and stored in ‘Wafer Error Correction’ (WEC) files. As “WEC architect”, you have full technical responsibility for the delivery of WEC, and to guarantee the measurement quality and high yield of the wafer production at ASML factory. You do this by combining your physics thinking and complex data analysis.
- Responsible for the WEC design, including definition and documentation
- Responsible for defining Key Performance Indicators to secure WEC measurement quality
- Contribute to the ASML overlay roadmap via alignment with System Engineering
- Create work breakdown, test flow (PERT) and effort estimates
- Make the organization aware of risks and speak up/escalate in case of quality issues
- Use statistical methods to show improvements or issues.
- Support the internal and external customers in solving WEC-related issues.
- Give technical steering to the WEC team and delegate work to team members
- Supervise and coach WEC team on the technical skills and knowledge.
- Support the team in developing WEC algorithms and Matlab functions.
- Responsible for defining way of working to release and maintain Matlab tooling
- Interface to architects in other projects and to System Engineering
Technical University masters, preferably PhD, in physics, mathematics or similar
- Experienced architect or a bright Sr. Design engineer with clear architect potential and ambition.
- Expert in Matlab, data analysis, and statistics
- Experience with mentoring of team members
- System / scanner knowledge in the area of overlay is a plus
- Curiosity, creativity, initiative, discipline and team spirit.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude.
- Good communication skills and good command of English language.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for specification and design of ASML products. The department DUV System Performance is responsible for specification definition, and qualification of functional modules & machine/customer applications on spec, within time and budget in the areas of overlay, imaging, focus and productivity. You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.