30+ days ago - req15196
Handling and Transport Architect
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Within ASML, the Handling & Transport (H&T) department is responsible for providing safe & efficient H&T solutions for all ASML products and related goods over their full life cycle. If you enjoy having a broad scope as an architect, and if you have a strong drive in improving H&T solutions for our systems, then this function might fit you perfectly.
You are tasked with creating and finding optimal H&T solutions to the variety of ASML modules and related goods. Together with a multi-disciplinary team you will create, review and challenge the specs and requirements of these modules, to assure optimal performance, safety and costs.
- Definition of tools and packaging for safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective transport and installation of ASML systems, modules and spare parts.
- FAT/SAT (Factory Acceptance Test to Site Acceptance Test) sequence:
- Be able to make inventory of handling flow from supplier to ASML, ASML internal and ASML to customer. This includes definition of critical bottlenecks, and come up with practical solutions. Prepare and chair design reviews (of layout concepts)
- Translate abstract system specs from system design specification documents (H&T, Costs of ownership, Cycle time,…) into H&T deliverables (tools, packaging,..) and concepts.
- Review of H&T deliverables & H&T related system specifications.
- Perform leading role in interdepartmental H&T issues.
Bachelor or Master degree in a Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 yrs experience in development of large/complex machines/frames.
- Preferred technical knowledge of shipments (road, air) of complex machines. Experience in managing layout of complex designs.
- Be able to lay-out volume control (swap paths, service area,…) with CAD (UG).
- Set up and manage system requirements.
- Mechanics skills: focus on static forces/strength/stiffness.
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks.
- Highly pro-active. Thinks ahead, creates vision and manages the stakeholders.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Attitude to challenge others (get all risks and collateral damage on the table).
- Strong in convincing others.
- Be a ‘terrier-go getter’.
Context of the position
You will be part of the Handling & Transport (H&T) department which is responsible for providing safe & efficient H&T solutions for all ASML products and related goods over their full life cycle. The Handling & Transport Architect reports to the Group Lead H&T and will cooperate with multiple stakeholders within the organization.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.