30+ days ago - req15354
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The manager will lead the customer support DUV organization by:
- Leading all technical, organizational, and operational activities of ASML personal at customer sites.
- Establishing strategic relationships with our customers.
- Support the organization to achieve customer agreements.
- Manage cost targets while exceeding Service Level Agreements.
- Coaching managers and others to accelerate their career growth and development.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, maintenance and repair of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local sited Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within the specific region.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
The DUV Manager will:
- Responsible for all Safety related operational aspects for DUV fleet and staff.
- Act as the operational leader for all customer issues, manage the operational short-term/long-term manpower planning and cost control, monitor and coordinate technical escalations, supervise and coordinate on site scheduled activities and emergency calls, assist with and conduct appraisals, and have involvement in second round interviews with new engineers.
- Have an integrated, strategic view of the Customer Support business from the viewpoint of all stakeholders.
- Think beyond Customer Support boundaries by:
- Creating balance between customer support site and country-level financial management and planning.
- Setting ambitious goals and targets for the DUV Customer Support sector to exceed customer expectations.
- Creating leverage between sales, quality and daily operations.
- Serving as a stakeholder in budget planning.
- Owns and communicates the business strategic direction with employees and its impact across the customer support sector.Create vision for the growth of local employees on a global level.Represents the local site within ASML and advocates the company vision/values into local leadership/management.
- BS degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering is required, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience.
- 5-8 years people management is required.
- In depth understanding of the semiconductor industry, preferably Lithography related.
- Successful track record in developing and coaching others to achieve results.
- Understanding of mechanical engineering, hydraulics, optics, electronics, semi-conductor, manufacturing and software concepts.
- Strong organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of engineers, strong skill in delegation and empowerment.
- Ability to manage complexity in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong customer service/stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to facilitate change management activities with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to understand and ensure adoption of business transformation.
- Values cultural differences; ability to work at sites of different cultures with different ways of working.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to tailor messages to different audiences.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability